Thursday, April 16, 2009

Reminder:


...pretty much

=================================================

Liberating Love

To all the people that say love is rare: say that to the millions of people fighting for equity and equality every day.

To all the people that say beauty belongs to only a few: look yourself in the mirror and exclaim that you are extravagant.

To all the people that believe only those who struggle can claim strength: raise your hand high—we all struggle in our own way.

To all the people that say wealth is only land and riches: take pleasure in the fact that you have wealth of body and mind.

To all the people that believe only artists can create art: pick up a brush, an instrument, a boombox. You are the artist.

To all the people that feel alone: someone else is feeling alone as well. The world is waiting for your debut.

To all the people that feel heartbreak is their modus operandi: love will find its way to you. Sometimes, it just prefers to take the longer way there.

To all the people that feel under served for their selflessness: you are the most deserving of all.

To all the people that feel change can only be made by activists: stand tall with us! Your realization for change makes you an activist and a fighter.

To all the people who are questioning: we are here to help you along the way.

To all the people that see age as a barrier: remember that at anytime, anyone can check us on our beliefs—young or old.

To all the people that see queerness as an excuse for unfaithfulness and dangerous party habits: know that there are those who are concerned for your safety, mentally and physically.

To all the people that wish to feel liberating love…

You are hope.

Words of Suh-Dill-Yah

==================================================

Nate Suh-Dill-Yah is this dude who looks like me... actually, he reminds me of myself when I was younger and optimistic. We are very similar... aware of queerity, passionate in our thoughts, in love with culture, battling with skin issues, sensitive....

I like what he's saying. Though I can't help but wonder what it takes to break his optimism.... actually, I know what it takes. I wonder if it will happen.

1 comment:

xb said...

Thanks for the reminder. I tend to forget that from time to time. Life is just made up of passing moments... I don't want to miss any of them.

Thanks for the heads up on suh-dill-yah... I'm digging his stuff. Love the shoes he spray-painted. BTW, homie looks exactly like you in this photo! BloggingTwin WIN!