
I haven't talked to Smyr in what feels to be like a century. I feel like he's grown up too fast being a high school biology teacher and recently getting back together with a college love.
But when his birthday rolled around and he had dinner with his best friends (his mom and dad) I made him a nice birthday card from scratch using old pictures. Essentially, to remind him to slow down and realize that he's only 24 and even though we haven't talked, I still consider him a good old friend.
I wonder, why I value him so much even though he's been out of sight. The answer is simple: because he is my only straight guy friend... who I haven't seduced... jk...... I have seduced him, but nevertheless it's because of high school, college and graduation. But look at all these hilarious high school pictures I found!!!!
Prom, lifeguarding, road trips, Berkeley, turning 21... You don't forget shit like that. And even though you grow a part, you still reserve a little spot for them in your heart.
And I think part of the reason is my activities may be a bit too gay for his liking. I think I tricked him in going to too many gay clubs that's he doesn't trust me anymore =X.
==
Lately, I've been going on a quest to make new friends (or rather new lovers). And I know exactly why. When ONCE AGAIN, I should be concentrating on the good friends that I already have. Duh. (And make lovers out of them, jk).
I'm going to start a new label: People.
Because it's important to realize who has impacted your life... and that growing a part doesn't mean ending a friendship.
This is Huan
This is Caitlin
These are My Boys
This is Ignia
.
==
Hairchive:
The Scary Curl!
...yeah... high school.
Friday, April 10, 2009
Don't Let People You Know become People You Knew
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
my awkward phase lasted forever! these are cool pics regardless with lots of good memories attached, thanks brah.
Post a Comment