Just learned about Maangchi, a Korean food cooking guru. She has this auntie, mommy vibe that makes her show so entertaining. Jimmy told me she quit her job to make her youtube channel a full time gig.
She is absolutely lovable.
She found wild green onions at a park to make Korean Green Onion Pancakes!! It's true, "those aren't groceries!! That's food from our BACKYARD!!" (Asians can't fend for themselves.)
I also found Pailin who is a culinary student from SF who has a show for Thai food. Cute and sister-like.
Once again, food from our backyard!
My grandma used to grow squash and make her own chili paste from our backyard. It made me want to find a lovable Vietnamese cooking guru, but so far I've only found these dude-bros. TrancanCook. "Sup dude, ready to get our grub on?" "YEAH MAN." Though I love the effort, I'm looking for a Vietnamese mom/grandma like Maangchi.
But all I was able to find aret cooking shows IN Vietnamese and this Mom wearing a ridiculous apron.
Cute and motherly, but still not completely there because it's all in Vietnamese!
==
Someone get a cute close to English speaking Vietnamese mom on youtube STAT! And youtube needs to update their browsing feature so that we can search by "style."
Sunday, April 3, 2011
In Search of a Good Vietnamese Cooking Show
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I like this girl, but she's young, not motherly. this is her bun bo hue video but her other vids are funny and good too lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xQ5TGry7g4&feature=channel_video_title
@Anon OMG! I have been inspired to try to make this!
Post a Comment