Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Subtle Life Updates

So here's what's up:

Grooming

I have stick limbs and a gut.
How unattractive is that?!

I really want to work on taking care of my body this year. Starting with my eyebrows.
Maybe it was the whole well-groomed men of Castro thing that got me... but I've started pulling at my face and I already feel more attractive.

Haha. Strange what a few strands would do to my confidence.

But I gots to be careful, I don't wanna get tweezer-happy.

==

Family

My parents are funny. My dad asked me why I didn't call to tell him I wasn't coming home. I said, my phone was dead and he responds.. okay.. what about tonight? And I said I'm going to crash in the city again and my dad goes, "Oh kay.. we're going out too!"

One of these days I'm going be getting low with my Apple Bottom Jeans and then bump into my mom getting LOWER!

==
Music

Last night...
I slept with my earbuds on listening to Clazziquai. This morning, I found myself tangled in the cord like an unborn tangled in its umbilical. NOOOOT smart, I am a stupid fetus.



==

Hairchive

The 30 Dollar Style


While Aaron mocks me for spending twice as much as I should have. Anthony and some other folks say it's the best haircut I've ever gotten. Wilma said it scared her because it was so "styled." But alas, it's all grown out and I can't afford another luxurious trim.

Back to those Vietnamese Salons, I go.


The Dead Animal

This was at Denny's after clubbing with MoAny; something died on my head it seems. What do you guys think? Raccoon? Opossum? I think it might be a pigeon.

==

Skin
Right now I'm testing Clean & Clear Exfoliate and Morning Burst. Which both seem to be a scam for teenage girls.

Next is going to be Purpose Gentle Wash and I'm going to give Neutrogena Acne Mark Fading Peel another try.

What does work
-Going to Vietnam
-Not thinking about
-Avoiding the mirror
-Being kissed by a guy and feeling fuckable.

==

Poser
While others feel very unphotogenic, I feel the opposite. I think that I am AMAZINGLY photogenic. Cuz seriously, I don't look like that.. i'm very unattractive. Joe told me how annoyed he is at how many folks practice their picture-taking smile, head tilt.. push out your breast, suck in your tummy to make you look the best. Especially in posed pictures.

Take Neil for example: Chin up, squinty eyes, pouty lips, ghetto peace sign on the far left makes him a delcious thug Filipino with a scarf from women's gap. And the cute girl on the side makes for the perfect accessory.


But take a candid of Neil and all you got is Ms.SingleLadies Thang over here.


(Snicker, HI NEIL! *angel face*)

Anyway, I know which side is my best side (the one with the less dots) and I've mastered how high to lift my chin and how much to squint my eyes and pout my lips... and what angles make me look buff. See below:


HAHAHA... yeah...

3 comments:

dannie said...

haha...practice much? that would be so funny to see your mom competing with you to get lower than you can possibly go. your hair looks good, maybe just get a trim at a cheaper place. hopefully they don't ruin it.

Vivek Krishnan said...

i really liked your blog champ. Very pleasant to browse!

elusive.anth said...

yo--it really is (was?) one of your very best hairstyles. you gotta treat yourself right sometimes.

hang in there, dude. your twenties are supposed to break you up, down, & all-around. you're in your own process. so trust & respect the process.

-anth