I totally jinxed myself when I said I haven't been sick in 3 years. And now here I am thankful that I found some soup in the cupboard and drinking gallons of water so that I can sleep with out coughing.
I fell off the bed when I discovered that the house had no cough sirop. My folks handed me a better alternative: Eagle Brand Medicated Oil, or dau xanh (yO sun). You know, the shit that Asian people having been using since the Xia Dynasty before Americans came up with Vicks 44 vapor rub, which I swear came out in 1999.
I've never been down with Asian Medicine. I went to an Asian "doctor" for my skin who told me I had a weak heart and needed to take these mystery vitamins that would cost me $65 a pop. No thank you Dr.Scam, I'll just rely on my personality. I think it's something about not being able to read the labels.
But... Dau Xanh, that's the shit. My grandma would ALWAYS have it in her pocket and a couple of dabs on her tongue would start her morning... and all it is is menthol. What a distinguishable smell. Please heal me.
==
This year's lunar New Year was a bit depressing. My extended family is deteriorating due to death, moving away, busy schedules. Even I came late to the dinner. The food wasn't as hearty and a huge portion of my cousins were missing.
My red envelops were bursting at the seems. I guess the economy has nothing to do with wishing each other a wonderful new year in monetary form. But of course, all of that goes to paying Mark back for driving me to Tahoe for a ski trip.
Could you imagine all the money I would have if I had saved since I was 5?!
Monday, January 26, 2009
Yo Sun!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment