Sunday, July 11, 2010

Under the Influence in Hollywood

Through the powers of friends, I've stumbled upon two clubs in the Hollywood- space that I thought I would never set foot in.
Mr.Black (NSFW) at Bardot on Tuesday

  • no cover
  • free vodka from 9:30 - 10:30
  • dance music with some catchy pop tag-lines thrown in
I got two drinks every time I was at the bar and winked at the bartender. I danced all night and woke up with a hangover the next day for work. Blah, free bottom shelf vodka. DJ was great.

We were a part of "young Hollywood." Where everyone dress well and thirst to be out of the house on weekday late evenings. There was a lounge area and "Mr.Black" who apparently parades around the club with his ass hanging out.




Excuse my underarm bush. (again)


I told this taco truck that they saved my life and she corrected me, "no.. you guys coming here at night saves our lives."


======

Balance at King King on Saturday.

  • $10 cover with a print out before 11.
  • House music
Fuck. But with my roommate's loving plea, "come-on TOSHI.. you'll have fun," I obliged even though house is music my hell. We were stuck in the Hollywood Saturday night traffic and paid the $10 parking to cut the stress; I was anticipating a terrible terrible night. Surprisingly, it was one of my most fun nights, but I think I can completely thank the Influences for that.

Hollywood- what a trashy place. But lots of characters strolling around like some D-list actors.

I was just sitting on the sticky rubber couches hating the noise that was coming out of the speakers when the friends wanted some air. When we came back in, the room started to spin and my feet felt light as if I was walking on balloons that won't pop. We made way to the large dancefloor and high ceiling adorned with Asian characters and red lighting.

In a split second, the repetitive noise that people were dancing ugly to transformed into sensual sounds that moved into my body. My arms lifted from my sides, my legs started to bounce, my hips spun. My eyes widened. I skipped around the club as if I knew everyone. My vision, became clearer as if I just cleaned my glasses with with microfiber. I talked to everyone I sort of knew asking random questions like, "What's your favorite Pixar movie?" When I saw folks looking bored, I would grab their arms and shout, "DANCE WITH ME" even if it was the first time I had ever spoken to them. And I started moving my limbs in planned chaos. Jimmy told me, "stay hydrated." Jae offered me me more gum. I was in euphoria.

All of a sudden someone was playing the bongos and staring at them as I felt every vibration. I was 2 feet away from the bongos and 2 seconds away from taking charge and playing them myself, but I was in control.
My house music smile apparently

2:30Am. Left the club. Went home to exchange massages. When Jimmy pressed his two thumbs down my back, I yelped as I organismed. Our designated driver had 3 gin and tonics and an AMF, so we worked out a back up. I watched Jimmy massage his own hands. I think I got 3 hours of sleep because I was having a conversation with a beat light that I plugged in while playing some sort of trance music... I closed my eyes as I tried to relax on the floor with the bean bag as my pillow and roommates spooning me. Dutch dutch dutch.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Girrrrllll...you were rolling like mad.

~A