Los Angeles, can yah give me a moment to breathe!?
There is no functional TV in our house and I love it. I spent hours on Eastsider looking at things to do in East LA and learning about my 'hood. My todo list is longer than the list of people who put in Journey in their Karaoke machines... DONT STOPPP!!!
Done:
Lotus festival without the Lotuses.
Sadly the lotuses that once inhabited Echo Park Lake have all died due to pollution.
Can you believe this before and after set? There have been plans to rebuild the habitat; good luck LA county. Nevertheless I had a great time enjoying the culture, vendors and ghetto people who didn't know how to control their children or chiwawas.

Indonesian Dinner at Indo Cafe
The jungles flowed from Jimmy's mouth as he ordered food that "his mom would make him" during our roomie bonding dinner! Please enlighten us with the names of the dish Jimmy in the comments. DELLLLLLICIOUS. So good, I could have nutted on the desserts... oh looks like someone already did.
Out door movie screening at Atwater Village.
A little Trader Joe's wine and cheese while watching Charlie and the Chocolate Factory in a wonderful community park? Yes please. Can you spot the roomies? Ern has never seen the movie before and he found it hilarious! His laughter added to the evening. I didn't realize how ridiculous and entertaining that movie is until Ern would burst out laughing at inappropriate and seemingly serious parts.
"Charlie, don't forget what happened to the man who suddenly got everything he always wanted. ... He lived happily ever after!"
And then some Happy Hour Sushi at Octopus in downtown. Sam found this late-night happy hour joint. Score!
Weekday Kickbacks

We are done hosting large parties. Just come over and drink with us when you feel like it. This was Monday night. Lots of drinking, humping.. and we ordered 60 chicken Mcnuggets and consumed it all (shame). Later in the week I printed out mini head shots of our friends and taped them on our door. We drew lines to indicate who had sex with who, but then it just look like a ball of yarn so we removed the lines. (JK) But we did add quote bubbles.
To Do:
5K marathon - Well no. Ern is going to run. Run for the both of us. "RUN ERN RUN.. run as if there was a free dance class full of cute boys with swagger." yes, I will be cheering from the sides.
Neighborhood Hookah - someone told me it was run by the mafia. THRILLING!Xoia, the new Viet place by my house was a HUGE disappointment, but I'm excited to try out Viet Noodle Bar up the highway. Let's GO!
Ern stumbled upon this marionette theatre in the 'hood and we may check it out.

Samba lessons?! Contemporary Cachaca cocktails?! Are you shitting me?! I hate missing amazing things like this! Returning to La Descarga on a busier night is definitely on the list.


No comments:
Post a Comment