My coworkers invited me out to ERA, a 1920's night at a Rum bar hidden in a parking lot in downtown LA last Friday. Dressing up was encouraged.Earlier in the day I was struggling to find something 1920s to wear, but I had everything I needed: suspenders, baggy stripped slacks and a dress shirt. I didn't have a handkerchief so I disguised a clean black sock by folding it into a triangle and stuffing it in my pocket- perfect! The girls had to be more creative, but they turned out looking very good.
I love these things. I would never turn down something so interesting.
Photo editing c/o ChungkingExpressions.
We started the evening at my coworker's beautiful downtown loft and 5 shots of tequila. As a group of four, we finished an entire bottle. Yes, we were out to step into time with the help of this club and mr.alcohol.
I particularly enjoy this photo with the classic elevator and candid attitude.
Thankful the place was a walk away. With each step we took the town was transformed.
We made it and started to mix run with our tequila to some jazz music in one room and timbaland in the other. I was very impressed that everyone was dressed to the theme.
I found myself to be extra friendly to the women who were there. They were so elaborately dressed. I talked to out of towners and a lawyer and just made friends with everyone there.I even talked to this synthesize player. I don't remember how I even initiated conversation, but he gave me his business card.
Danced. Chatted. Escaped back to the loft. Drunk. Fed ourselves pizza rolls that I somehow bought from Ralphs in a drunken stupor. AND... I took off my suspenders, dress shirt, pants and paraded around my coworker's house in my boxers and black socks. I don't remember this. Someone picked me up and I remember having my clothes in my arms and my feather boa that I brought for the girls which they didn't use. I believe I was in the street trying to get into his car... somehow I gave him instructions to my house in Echo Park.
I opened the gate, dropped my shit and greeted my roommates who had just came back from a concert/after party. "I can see your crack," declared Ern.. then I rushed to the bathroom to vomit out the 1920s.
Jimmy came up to me and said, "why does it say 'Not Tonight' in sharpie on your chest?" I started laughing, took off my boxers and fell asleep in the nude. Feels good to be Messy.

















2 comments:
pizza rolls = *nom nom nom*
btw, looking good letopho
your liver must hate you! lol
Post a Comment