Saturday, July 10, 2010

Fourth of July 2010

I was such the tourist with my family on July 4th at the Fisherman's Wharf in San Francisco. A little clam chowder and a walk around. My folks decided that my impromptu trip the bay roused a visit to San Francisco. ( I didn't tell them I was in town the week before for pride.)




The winds were blowing at 100MPH, but we stumbled upon the Musee Mecanique which is "one of the world's largest (over 200) privately owned collection of coin-operated mechanical musical instruments and antique arcade machines in their original working condition." Amazing. Most of those machines were over hundreds of years old.


My dad was jamming to a stage performance of some classic rock songs that prompted me to do some mass downloading. Classic Rock reminds me of my dad.



Dinner at Citrus Club in Haight and Ashbury. I told my mom that I love living humbly, but she didn't get it. She didn't feel safe and would rather be in the suburbs. But you lose so much of the whimsicality charm and character of living somewhere more interesting like Haight and Ashbury and Echo Park.


The weather got too brutal in San Francisco so we headed back home and joined Alysia and her dad on the hill behind my house. The same hill I take boys to make out with them.



Happy Fourth of July. We had front row seats to the neighborhood illegal fireworks show. (It's okay, they're cops.) Here's a collage of the best fireworks I saw that night:

3 comments:

thwany said...

fun family time!

P. said...

I think you probably hear this more than a hundred times but you mom is H.O.T.!!!

Unknown said...

Love Citrus Club! Cheap and delicious. And I agree with your mom, I am not a huge fan of the Haight.

~A