Monday, July 26, 2010

Switches

One of my favorite things to do is walking around with a needle deflating egos. Cockiness needs to go. 

letopho: i enjoy our purely sexual relationship
casual f-buddy: how can you not?  I mean, really, it's me
letopho: yup, sexuality is all that's of interest
casual f-buddy: well, i hope that at least my mind is interesting... ><
letopho: *silence.*

The casual f-buddy doesn't come around too often, but I'm beginning to appreciate how bluntly sexual our relationship is even if it didn't initially start that way.  On AIM he says shit like, "when are you coming over."  or "I'm in town." And that's it.  We don't hang out other than to sleep with each other, which I find quite efficient.

It's so one dimensional, it's so easy.  It's based purely on physical pleasure.

F-Buddy/Hookup
Brain - Off
Heart - Off
Body - Turned on to Max

===

Hmm.. I think I've stumbled upon something. How does connect/disconnect among "the logical mind, the passionate heart" and the animalistic body relate to different types or relationships and transitioning relationships?

Committed "Perfect" Relationship
Brain - On (Made for each other)
Heart - On (They're the one)
Body - On (Wow.. MARRY THIS FUCKER!)

Crush/Infatuation
Brain - Off (You're an idiot.  You're going to regret this. Dont do it... too bad you're not listening)
Heart - On (It's gonna hurt...)
Body - On

Love Above Sex, Comfortable, Complacent (Positive)
Brain - On
Heart - On (Love that surpasses physical desires)
Body - Off

Sexless Love, Comfortable, Complacent (Negative)
Brain - On
Heart - On
Body - Off (sex in need of spice... in need of a third.....a costume...SOMETHING! QUICK!)

Robotic ... "seeing where things go," the early dating stage
Brain - On (Hmmm, they're interesting.. this can go somewhere)
Heart - Off (I think I like them, sort of.. maybe..sometimes?)
Body - On (Heh, cute smile.. good body, sure why not?)

Gold Digger/For Another Reason Besides Love
Brain - On (This is for my future, this will please my parents, I'm getting too old, this is the smart thing to do)
Heart - Off (If they died, I would be happier)
Body - Off (but you can fake it)

Do you agree?  I think it's interesting when switches turn on and off within relationships.  Makes sense, once the heart flicks on, folks get serious or in trouble or when the body switch flicks off- folks become comfortable or bored... and when the brain flicks off from dating, it becomes just a potential hook up...etc etc  Another question is, how does a switch get flicked? and what would it mean if we had complete control?!?  *rubs hands together demonically*

As for my f-buddy the switches are thankfully constant as if someone duct taped them down... so no, I don't find your mind interesting.  See you Thursday night?

3 comments:

thwany said...

so true.

and sometimes people need to be put in their place.

Unknown said...

Absolutely amazingly thoughtful!

~A

Gauss Jordan said...

Heh. Clever. Of course I had to count to make sure you hit all 2^3 possible combos, and you forgot one: "Completely turned off." ;-)