Friday, February 5, 2010

Straight Edge

"Make sure he doesn't drive."

Done.

I had to cuss out the birthday boy to give me his fucking keys because he insisted that he sleep in his car, then drive home after.

Sometimes you just want to say "fuck it." They're drunk, they're a mess, they should take care of themselves, but I don't want to have that guilt... when I am sober and responsible and capable of being a bitch just so I don't have to worry about a friend.

"Go home, Christopher."
"Fine, then I'll just wait here." I gave him my two year old angry face with my arms crossed until he let up.

And after all of that he was grateful I took care of him.

=

I feel like I'm a bit straight edge.

I don't smoke. In fact I think it's disgusting and I feel like folks in LA smoke because then they'll have something to say to each other and they're stressed. In New York, they smoke because it's cold and in San Francisco, it's just artistic.

At my party I told someone I don't smoke and they high fived me... and then we had nothing else to say. The smokers in our patio seemed to have a lot more to say to each other as they tarred their teeth and stained their lungs.

I feel that I'm straight edge because being such a workaholic keeps me from being horny. I use Grindr to make friends, I use craigslist to find furniture. In fact, I live vicariously through my friend who tells me about his weekly sexcapades.... I actually look forward to those graphic stories.

I don't drink excessively unless my company pays for it. I've lost the need to get hammered and though I said I wanted to get wasted at my last house party I was content doing Party Maintenance- serving Jello Shots making Quesidillas... making sure everyone has a good time.

BUT BUT... I say that now, but maybe it's because I've been driving to places and quite frankly I am terrified of getting pulled over. "Speed, swerving, lights... take Beverly Street (which has less cops than Melrose)" I say this mantra to avoid any interaction with the police.

==

Anyway, it's Friday and rainy and I don't want to go to WeHo even though Fucking MoAny is there tonight. I just want to chill out with some brownies.

Come over and let's make some brownies.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

no..............not

thwany said...

i would love to come over

damien said...

kudos!

p said...

sobriety and brownies is a sexy combination!!

Tofu said...

Props for not becoming another gay archetype.