Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Racial Humor.

This morning I got compliments on my shirt.

I responded, "Thanks! It's from Vietnam, my cousins made it with their little fingers." This elicited a chuckle.

The other night I was with a white dude who said, "Yeah, folks in Vietnam must be tired... you know having to pull the rickshaw all day" *silence* "... it was joke..."

So what's the difference? Was it the delivery? Or was it cuz he was white? Or was it that his joke was neither clever or humorous? Probably all of the above... or maybe he's just awkward.. you have to commit to those jokes man, but then if you're too confident, you seem serious, then you're a racist.

Gosh, it must be so hard for white people to make racial humor. But when Anjelah Johnson or Russell Peters or Dave Chappelle do... it's a riot.

Any good White comedians out there who do good racial humor? I'm sure. Please share a link.

3 comments:

thwany said...

his joke was just stupid and coming from him made it worse

ChungkingExpressions said...

Supplies!

I think Pablo Francisco is the closest thing I know of a white guy with racist jokes

Luuworld said...

white people can never make funny racial jokes. it's only funny when it comes from people of color! it's like with my mother: i can say nasty stuff about her, but no one else can!