Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Coffee with Boys


When a guy asks a girl to coffee... it's obvious he's interested in her and it's her job to drop the FRIEND bomb so that he doesn't get hopeful.

When a guy asks a guy to coffee... he could be...
1. interested in a relationship
2. interested in some ass
3. interested in expanding his gay network of friends because he is...

a. bored
b. lonely
c. friendly
d. needs a ride to the club
e. trying to get into a mutual friend's pants

So often than not, gay folks ask each other... "what are you looking for?" It seems like the gay community really does love to be blunt.

==

So I had coffee, so to speak, with a couple of random guys. I find it therapeutic to talk to new people, get different insight, observe behavior etc. Especially those out of my network.

Last night I met up with this kid that I've become facebook friends with and talked on the phone with. I feel like once you're facebook friends... it's okay to meet up because there are lots of pictures to reference and you get an idea of what they're like.

At the age of 19, he is certified as a behavior analyst and works with autistic children while finishing up his last two college years. At the age of 23, almost 24, I had nothing comparable.

Pictures are funny because, once again, you get an idea of what they look like, but never really know until you meet them. He was actually much cuter in person, but I feel like our relationship had gone down the friend route (like most of my encounters). No matter. 19, is a dangerous age and much too young for anything but friendship.

He had a lip ring, he was tall, clean, nice smile, eloquant, intelligent... i observed his mannerisms... I observed my own behavior. Was I even trying to flirt with him... God this feels so forced.

My loneliness started to kick in, but I got that under control. I haven't been intimate with anyone since December and I was beginning to desire that quick fix, immediate gratification, to remind myself that I was sexual desirable despite my skin ailments.

==
Tangent
Quotes from Vietnamese people:
"What happened to your face? You need a facial!" My Aunt
"You need to wash your face 5 times a day, you sweat oil... you lost your handsomeness (Mat Dep Trai) but don't worry, just be successful and girls will come." The phlebotomist.
"Why are their so many marks on your face?" My grandpa
"Everytime I see someone with marks like your son, it hurts my heart." Lady at the grocery store talking to my mom.

Vietnamese people like to remind me how ugly I am.
==

I snapped out of it and focused on the conversation and company. I was just thankful to get out of the house... talking to boys is my therapy.

5 comments:

Henry said...

I forget how much I enjoy reading your blog. I just wasted an hour at work. THANKS FUCKER.

And please, lets hang out. I miss gays my age...not that Will is old or anything.

Luuworld said...

talking to people is fun! keep doing that!

ps....was there only talking..?? :-p

Anonymous said...

i hate vietnamese people and their comments. oh i know your pain lovah! sometimes i wish i was single like you so i can mingle with people... maybe 2009 will be my single year??

dannie said...

yay glad to hear your getting out of the house.

thwany said...

yeah, i was a mess at 19. ive cleaned up a little bit, but i dont think 19 y/o guys cut it for me.