Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Not That Creative.



The article: http://www.ivygateblog.com/2009/03/yale-group-releases-racy-or-ist-single-asians-video/

Maybe I've become an "angry Asian Man" to find this funny. Yeah yeah.. yellow fever.. blah blah...slurp my sushi.. haha.... (not really) though I do like the line, "If You Like it Than You Should Have Gotten An A on it." Clever.

I dunno... I feel at times when folks are sensitive with Race it makes it even more of a problem. When you can just laugh about it... then really there's no issue. But... this isn't funny at all or clever.

I guess.. it depends on what we are sensitive to such as the Desperate Housewives Filipino Nurse remark really didn't bother me nor did Mylie Cyrus' Slant-Eye picture thing. But this Single Asians thing makes me feel weird 'cuz I didn't think it was that funny nor does a good job at "making fun of stereotypes" so it claims.

Maybe.. it's all a question of how it's done and these youtube songs about "being Asian" are just stupid and overdone. Good job Yale A Capella, you are not creative, these songs have all been done before and I prefer listening to harmonic vocal talent over a poor attempt at racial humor, but at least they danced well......... enough. I guess?

No comments: