Wednesday, February 4, 2009

CHRIS AND CARL'S TOTALLY NACHO ADVENTURE!!!!! 1

Carl and I are on an adventure to find the BEST Nachos in da bay! Here are the criteria:

1. Taste: Self Explanatory
2. Presentation: Is it pretty? Or a blob?
3. Lasting appeal: How you feel after- Like shit? or satisfied
4. Functionality: How it's layered. How "NACHO!" it is!

Category: Purpose of the Nachos

Adalberto's Mexican Food - Somewhere between the East Bay and Tahoe
Category: ROAD TRIP NACHOS

On our way to the ski trip, others had KFC. Carl and I ventured across the street for some Carne Asada NACHOS!

According to Carl: good presentation, bad functionality with layers and beans, too messy to eat with fingers and made you feel like shit and regretted it almost after. Rating: 5

According to Chris: I'd have to agree with Carl, but I emphasize the taste was amazing. I wanted to die afterward though, my stomach was not happy. So good though! Rating: 8


Taqueria El Larolito - San Francisco Mission District
Category: DRUNK NACHOS


After a night of drinking and dancing in the Castro on a Thursday, the group traveled the city to fill our drunk tummies. We were directed to a place called Farolito. I was confused and kept thinking it was Florintine's. Wow, an Italian Taqueria! When we got there, there was a hefty diverse line. This was the place to be at 1AM.

According to Carl: not as heavy at Tahoe but too many refried beans! Rating: 4

According to Chris: You know.. I was drunk so I felt really good before during and after! But the chips weren't authentic... too "movie nachos" Rating: 6

My Own Nacho Adventure:

Chevy's off Almaden in San Jose
Category: Happy Hour Nachos

Definitely terrible. Lots of cheese, but bad cheese, not very NACHO-Y. But it was 3 bucks. You get what you pay for: 12 chips and mediocre cheese.

2/10 - 3 dollars gets you a rating 2... minus a dollar cuz I round down.

Fly Bar - In San Francisco
Category: Recommendation Nachos!

My girl Michelle LOVES these nachos!
These nachos were baked and had lots and lots of sour cream and gauc. But not enough cheese! Michelle! You know I love cheese! Presentation was great and the bar was hip, but the rule of thumb, the DIRTIER the restraunt the more flavorful the food!!!!!!!! Rating: 5


To Do:
Denny's on Blossom
Taco Bell
BJ's
Taqueria Caribe
Bagdad's in the Castro
Pete's tavern in SF

Please COMMENT and Send Us what you think is the BEST NACHO place in da BAY!!!!

4 comments:

E.T said...

i love nachos!!! with alot alot and alot of cheese!!!!

dannie said...

ughh nacho's are soo yummy y'all is crazy.

mich said...

you are wrong in your judgment of my tacos! WRONG!!!!

mich said...

and when i say tacos i mean nachos!!!