Today I put on actual street clothes like jeans. I did more research on this heinous ailment that I had this past week.
"There have been quality-of-life studies showing that a bad case of shingles is worse than a heart attack in terms of how long the pain lasts." -Beutner, Professor of Dermatology at USF.
I'll say... maybe.
I was also victim of Allodynia- a painful response to usually a non-painful stimulus (like light, wind or ugly people). For me, it was clothing. I couldn't wear t-shirts because it hurt so badly. Also sounds- At one point, I was yelling at the TV because the fucking infomercial was substantially louder than the volume level I had set.
This is what it looks like behind my ear. The blisters continue on my shoulder, neck and chest. Thankfully, none on my face. At first I was thinking- cool tattoo if this were to scar, but now looking at these photos, I'm thinking disfigured sea monster. But nothing a little scarf won't fix right?
Yeah.
No, I'm not contagious unless you haven't had chickenpox.
==
My mom has me drinking Chinese Medicine which taste like dirt. To this mom responds, no, it's Chinese roots and herbs (basically dirt).
==
I'm currently in good spirits. I'm tempted to make youtube videos especially when I learned that the #1 viewed Director in Canada was this addictive Vietnamese girl named Natalie! She's a natural. (Thanks MoAn)
Thursday, February 26, 2009
Scarred but Not Defeated
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Looks awful! :( I've seen shingles before and that is not good stuff. I scar super easily and have scars from chicken pox so I'm glad that I never had to deal with the whole shinges thing. Good luck getting over it quick.
Holy crappola!
I hope they go away ASAP... hope you feel better soon, too :(
Post a Comment