Quest Crew - orQUESTstra
I get teary eyed when I watch this. And Fuck yeah, Ryan jams on the piano!
Notice the headspin on the piano speeds up and slows down with the music.
I had a dream that I was in my Asian American Studies class and the professor asked, "how are Asians portrayed on television?"
As students raised their hand, their answers knocked the professor to the ground because the answers he was expecting were clearly from another generation.
Asians in the media are portrayed as...
...BAD ASS Dancers! Did you guys see ABDC?! All three seasons?!
...Sexy and strategic, Yul Kwon totally kicked ass on Survivor cook island
...great Chefs! Man Hung deserved to win!
...brilliant singers! My favorite singers on Youtube are all Asian! <-- we are working on this.
...hilarious! I can't get enough of KevJumba, HappySlip, nigahiga
And the professor responds, "oh I was actually looking for nerdy, submissive, desexualized men, hypersexualized women, passive, karate experts, bad drivers, nail saloon, laundry mats, convenience stores... but I guess times have changed."
That's right they have MOTHA FUCKING CHANGED... well, we still have a ways to go.. but at least we are FIGHTING to get there.
It's a good time to Asian.
Can I be your first Asian boy?
A video that doesn't make me embarrassed.
==
And here is me and my friends trying to do the Table Trick. LOL
Saturday, February 28, 2009
Proud.
Labels:
empowerment
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Love that you shared this here! And glad to see that the stereotypes are getting broken down slowly but surely.
Post a Comment