What does that mean for us? ... an Epic adventure garage saling. Two bikes were purchased and some attire for Diana's Burning Man adventure. I feel that the community buys and sells back things to be used and shared. Things are always cycling through and as a result we found at least 5 amazing garage sales just driving around.
Portland, Oregon's food carts trump LA's food trucks because they are not polluted by pretension and lines. In LA, I am forced to eat on curbs where the debris mixes with my take away meal. Portland food carts have a permanent location. They don't have parking tickets like the LA food trucks because they legitimately belowng there and often have designated picnic eating areas. LA has so many empty lots that aren't being used because the whole county is privately owned!!!
Food Cart #1 : Grilled Cheese Grill. A school bus turned eating space.
Food Cart #2, #3, #4: area 23.
I helped myself to a Waffle with pesto, beef, mozzarella. Pretty amazing.
We explored Alexandra street fair which extended 15 blocks!
SoupCycle: local made soup delivered to your door with a subscription.
We made dinner by buying frozen pizza then adding fresh toppings: tomatoes, mushrooms, zucchini and ate it on Diana's amazing porch which was embellished by giant sunflowers.
That night I realized the amazing that is travelling by bike. We traveled around town in the dark on bikes. I felt the freedom that I experienced in Vietnam on a moPed. Though biking next to cars was terrifying, people understood Portland's biking culture.
I did get hit on by this dirty looking boy with dreadlocks. "Cute bike," he told me. I guess having a cute bike is equivalent to having a nice ride.
We must have biked miles and miles. We found ourselves at a chill bar after leaving a "crowded one." Which means all the tables are taken... Crowded in LA would mean you'd have to push to get to the bar.
We found our last food cart after biking so much that our vaginal muscles were sore.
Food Cart #5, #6. Poutine, which is fries with gravy and cheese curd. AND a chicken pot pie. The Hawthorne Food Carts were open late. Lots of drunk folks, but also a wedding photo shoot was taking place.
That was just Saturday. We spotted tons of lesbians. We also saw a handful of gender ambiguous individuals. And some gay folks, but these gay folks were not like plastic weho gays, but rather green gays who have gardens and sneeze organic mucus.
1 comment:
glad you got to check out the exploding food scene in portland, i heard it's amazing out there.
Post a Comment