Proposition 8 has been ruled unconstitutional.
I would like to celebrate by hugging my boyfriend of 10 years and planning our safari themed wedding. I would like to look at him and say, "i love you. you are the one I'm going to marry. I can only imagine you in my life and without you here, I wouldn't know what to do." ..and tear up a little bit while speaking in fragments.
This is a victory that I'm not ready for... a victory of equality. yes. but a victory that has not changed how I live my life personally. I wish I was older, I wish I was in a committed relationship, I wish I could appreciate this feeling wholeheartedly.
But, I'm just a 25 year old gay boy romping around LA who feels like he's too young to settle. So.. woohoo prop 8. Here's a cupcake...
I hope this ruling still holds true when I'm in the appropriate life stage: in love, committed, happy, older. For now, I need to gather my roommates and buy veils... we're going clubbing dressed as BRIDES!!!! First round of drinks on me!
3 comments:
omg youre getting married?! congratulations! thats amazing!!
ps: thanks for the bag comment :-)
have a fun, fake bridal party
Woohooo~!
Post a Comment