I felt his heart beat fast.
-
Before the date I looked up his facebook and found this under the info:
4 Ways To Win My Heart:
1. Stroke my hair.
2. Pleasant surprises.
3. Be goofy.
4. Cook for me.
Perfect, a complete guide.
-
He was wearing a dressy shirt and a tie. I was wearing a t-shirt and flip flops. Oops.
I was originally going to take him to Umami Burger (my favorite burger joint in LA), but he told me he's already been there. Mario's Peruvian was next on my list, but the atmosphere was too grungy. Shik Do Rak? My favorite KBBQ? No, he was dressed too nicely and I didn't want to make his tie smell. Fuck! I was running out of ideas and I really wanted to impress him especially when he drive 40 miles to see me and had to wake for work by 5AM the next day.
I was getting anxiety to pick the perfect dinner place to eat, but nothing felt right until I realized there was a local Thai place that I had enjoyed in the past. I made the choice quick enough and stress was allieviated.
Picking the place to eat is so important. I remember dates that bombed because the wrong restaurant was chosen, but this Thai place was easy, comfortable and good enough.
"It's Thai" has a nice romantic feel, but as more and more white people came in, I was worried that it was not as authentic as it should have been. He reassured me, "as long as the waiters and workers are ethnically correct, I don't mind places that are westernized." Relief once again!
He order this Thai salad called Larb that he claimed to be very particular about. He was excited that they had it on the menu. Please don't fail me restaurant!! Unfortunately the chicken was the wrong texture, but he brushed it off. (I would have been offended for days.)
Taking our order, the waitress asked, "what would you like on your noodle dish? Beef or shrimp?" I quickly responded beef. After the waitress left the boy told me that shrimp was something he didn't really like (due to some childhood trauma). And he was relieved I made the right choice. I smiled.
'Right choice.'
At that point I realized that the first dates/first impressions are all about the 'right choice.' God, it was so stressful. But I'd say it was a great first date preceding the preliminary coffee date screening.
The first date felt like a two way interview- facetiously speaking.
Not really acting different from yourself per say, but rather accentuating your best qualities and hoping it jives.
Though the restaurant wasn't perfect, the conversation was wonderful.
--
I'm really into him. He's Laos and he gets it. He grew up humbled by financial difficulty and I find him utterly charming and ridiculously handsome.
I don't know if I should play this game and act, "not that interested." But I think hiding that would be very difficult.
I'm writing down everything that I learned about him tonight- a routine that I usually do when I meet boys of interest.
...and yes I also maintained my first date, first base policy though it was really tempting not to. And I completed 'way 1' in the "Four Ways to Win My Heart" manual above... I'm nervous about 'way 4.' He said that he enjoyed my sample platter... and that he'll be coming back for more.
Let's see where this goes.
Sunday, March 28, 2010
Right Choice
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
:) i think you should do what you feel like doing and adjust if you read that he wants to move slower/faster.
wow wow wow
thai food!! =p
all the best anyway
fuck yeah
Chill out and just let things happen!
Post a Comment