Thursday, March 11, 2010

how old were you when you came out of the closet?

I came out to my high school friends one week after my best friend came out.

I stole his thunder... or rainbow as you will.

My parents found out when I was 12 when they found a collection of naked man pictures on my computer. They concluded it was a "phase" and because these naked men were guys who I admired (not sexually, but generally). They were kidding themselves.

My mom checks in sometimes about safe sex (her main concern) and my dad just doesn't talk about it.

Eventually, I will confirm everything, but I just don't feel the need to make it official. Can't they just infer with the boys that I bring home?

I guess, it's better to just say it.

Everyone in my office knows im gay. I get boy advice from my coworkers and they're really awesome about it... plus everyone in the industry is gay anyway.

Ask me anything

2 comments:

Desiboy said...

I'm 25 and still closeted. Too scared to come out. Sometimes I wonder if theres even a point to it anymore...I've wasted all the good years and grown comfortable in the closet. I also no longer get offended by jokes suggesting im gay.Pathetic? maybe.

Will said...

Desiboy, it's really never too late. Trust me, I came out at 29, with all the same fears you had. I worried I was too old, that there was no point anymore, and I had the best year of my life :).

- A 30 year old gay man.