Saturday, March 27, 2010

body dysmorphia

Hmm.
I think I've become more self conscious of my body than I ever was before.

I'm just generally disgusted with how my pants fit or how everything isn't as tight as it once was... and I know that I'm not that out of shape; I didn't gain that much weight, but I just feel as though I'm this tub of lard that just rolls around.

Hmmm, what a weird feeling.

==

Today specifically- food did not look appealing at all and maybe it's because I was wearing those stupid designer jeans that are absurdly uncomfortable around the waist. Maybe because I was just in west Hollywood where an amazing body is a sufficient compensation for an ugly face or a dry personality. Maybe because my supervisor told my director that my fat ass will eat anything.

Ugh. Work out and be healthy- Yes. Feeling disgusting- No. Maybe it's time to escape LA for a little while.

3 comments:

Rob said...

The dangers of living in LA: excessive body consciousness!

Gauss Jordan said...

I feel the same way when I hang with a certain set of gay friends. They're all the "pretty people" that're carefully manscaped, wearing custom-cut jeans and too-tight t-shirts. I'm not, lol.

Unknown said...

Cut out carbs!

~A