Sunday, March 21, 2010

Distracted

I haven't blogged in about a week. I feel like since being happier and on track with my life, my writing hasn't been as passionate or insightful. This blog has become a collection of fun things that I'm doing rather than an aggregation of rants and emotions, but what's going on in my mind?

Interesting enough, my blog is an honest reflection of my mind: I am distracted. My thoughts are simpler and I am so busy with doing random things that the only thing I am capable of analyzing are very surface level.

It makes sense- once you're older you merely don't have time to think about these things and tweeting is sufficient. But I'd like to remind you, remind myself, that I am still here.

==

It's been 8 months. Has LA changed me? I think so. I am more guarded, I've mellowed out, I'm more aware of judgments of others as I make them myself. I am engulfed in LA fashion which is - no fashion, just OWN it. Own your suspenders, own your over priced sunglasses, own your slim fit jeans. Look ridiculous, just OWN it while you jugde others for not being as cool as you.

I am involved in LA food... waiting in ridiculous lines, paying ridiculous prices, searching for the next new thing and proud when I find it before anyone else.

I am a part of LA's backwards car culture- paying for valet, always carrying cash and complaining at the same time- understanding that, that's just how it works. I am pretty LA.

==

Boys.
Ern and Wirfs are confused at my taste in boys and my flavor of the week crushes. I am interested in boys, then quickly disinterested. Become best friends with them, flirt and forget that I even liked them to begin with...

I... feel emotionless.

==

Extrovert
I collect friends. I do it well. I will never live alone. I keep meeting new people. I keep reconnecting with old people. I depend on photos/facebook to keep tabs. I welcome you into my home.

==

Activities
I keep doing random shit. I was on a ski trip with coworkers, drunk the whole time... took a shot of Jack for breakfast, stayed sober, went snowmobiling (it felt like Mario Kart- and like Mario Kart I was bad at taking corners)

I saw Sam Sparrow in concert and danced with him when he jumped off stage. Went to the club in "Nerd Chic." Met Ongina from RuPaul's Drag race. I went to the park with Alysia and played with a Foxtail. Watched Where the Wild things are and fell asleep in her lap.

Next week I'm going to Mastro's, an expensive steak place. The week after, horse back riding by the Hollywood sign.

It doesn't stop. I am distracted.

==

I missed a week of blogging, but all I missed on is uploading pictures and telling stories. Thanks for listening to my stories. I'll probably upload a shit load tonight.

1 comment:

fufu said...

snowboarding??? wow awesome!!! i used to go snowboarding when i was studying in japan...already 2yrs i didnt go for a ski trip ><

yeah knowing/meeting new friends is coooool :)