Monday, March 23, 2009

Subtleties are not my Strength

I feel like I state a lot of the obvious on this blog and talk like it's some amazing epiphany.

Like..
no shit gay people like to hook up though there are a lot who don't
no shit people come and go from your life
no shit you have to love yourself because you are the only one you depend on
no shit everyone is self conscious about something

... but I think it's because I think out loud. Thank you for listening.

==

Last night I saw Fruit Fly. I love the films by H.P. Mendoza because I can relate, things are subtle and it's a freaking musical.

Carl, HP and Me as a bum:

The film reminded me why I love the bay, how I consider it my home. It also made me realize the subtle flaws and fantastics of my life because the characters were like my friends.

There were scenes that emphasized that life shouldn't be spent being mad or prideful. That being able to look past annoyances and accepting people for what makes them good is a part of being a grown up.

Yes, I am working on this.

==

It was also amazing to me how two characters after an argument gave each other an apologetic hug with out saying anything, ... but this actually said a lot - that their friendship was above pettiness and pride; I almost teared up. I think you can tell a lot about your relationship with someone by how they hug you.

Was that a one arm Dragon hug? or an I actually care about you hug?

==

The 19 year old Behaviorist came over.
We watched a movie about a girl with TEETH in her VAG then skipped to Role Models. We kissed I was scared his lip ring would hurt me, but it didn't. He told me I was cute. And all of a sudden my shingles and acne and strange weight and bump on my nose and bad hair disappeared... or they were all still there and it was just dark and his glasses were off.

I told him I thought he was cute and he responded, "no, I'm not." His modesty made him more attractive.

"I'm a good boy,"he told me and I was thrown for a loop because when I was 19.. I was FAR from being a "good boy."

So he left me at 3AM... and yay intimate friendship... or is this what people call early stages of dating? or "talking?"

EPIC WIN!

4 comments:

Luuworld said...

cheers to your epic win!

dannie said...

yay you won epically.

this is your blog so you can be as obvious as you want to be.

xb said...

I love blatantly obvious statements! They make all the drama easier to deal with. And it's like you said... Thinking out loud. We blog for ourselves; it gives us a 3rd person perspective into our own thoughts. The comments are just a bonus.

Friendships are supposed to be the least complicated type of relationship, so an intimate friendship is definitely making a good thing even better!

Unknown said...

Yay I am happy for you!

~A