Monday, January 25, 2010

Negative Personal Ads

It's interesting how some folks know what they want... but at times know what they don't want better.

I wanna try to date more and as I go through these personal ads I'm just appalled at how negative people are.

Examples...

"don't say 'sup'"
"no picture? no response"
"please have something interesting to say"
"I'm educated, you be too"
"are there any mature people out there?!"

Really? Why would you introduce yourself like that? I don't get it.

8 comments:

Vimesh said...

rules rules and rules !!!

we all have become so rules oriented.. and have lost the true purpose of our self..

Anonymous said...

it's no different from the judgmental posts u make on ur blog

letopho said...

Ah, Anonymous, there is a difference because this is a blog and those are personal ads.

It's true, I'm judging them for being judgmental. Nice observation.

mich said...

i agree that there is a difference. in a blog, you have a lot of posts to draw on to get an impression of who someone is, whereas in a personal ad you only get one chance. why come off super negative?

Gauss Jordan said...

'pho, check out OKCupid's blog for some pretty interesting stats along these same likes. I've actually changed my profile pic and slightly tweaked the messages I sent out to guys based on it. It seemed to help a bit.

~G.

thwany said...

this is why i can't do online shit

Anonymous said...

on a similar vein

asian guys who put right on their profile

"no asian guys please"

or any guy for that matter

Eric Whitney said...

I've met some great guys online, but slogging through all the ads is too depressing. after the second or third meaningless label, I pretty much move onto the next one.