Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Is my Vietnamese THAT Bad?!

I just came back from lunch and I was all excited because I found a VERY local Bún Huế place.

I ordered their specialty and asked for just pork meat NO beef surprises; he was confused. I said it in both English and Vietnamese (I hope) and guess what he brought out. You guessed it. NO PORK and JUST the Parts of the Cow that are scary and Alien! OMG: Blood Cubes, Tendon, Flank! So I had to pick it all out and there was not a single piece of meat to be enjoyed. My Bún Huế experience was ruined.

To top it off, the spoons were too shallow for me to do the broth noodle thing AND it was glossy so the noodles slipped right out. (EDIT: according to my friend, I was wrong. surprise: Go here to read about different foods!)

Good lord. Never again.
Just like that time I ordered: Phở Tái, Viên (Pho with beef slices and meat balls) but they brought out Phở Tái bỏ riêng (Pho with beef slices raw on the side.) But that was a fortunate mistake because it was delicious and the meat was softer.

AND THEN, This bitch almost hit me when she had a stop sign. I had to gesture for her to go because she was staring at me like a deer in headlights. And she went WITHOUT an apologetic hand raise! People.... raise your hand to show some humility. AND get my order right. Sigh.

WebJunk: Free Rice
I found Facebook NOTES to be a wonderful source of interesting things.

Check out: http://freerice.com/index.php To enrich your vocabulary and feed the hungry. Check out: http://laist.com/2007/11/12/ghetto_gourmet.php#more For the Ghetto Gourmet. An underground Chef society!

AHH! So Cute


1 comment:

xT. said...

you must be unlucky when it comes to ordering pho =X
you shall honk and give the lady the finger while tailing behind her, she'll get the message ahha.