Tofu came to town and I met up with him at Dragon
I brought a Van of 7 kids and partied it up all night. I was drunk, I was a mess.
I talked to a lot of people, I danced with a handful. I noticed that when I'm drunk I keep moving. I rarely stay in one spot.
It's funny, even when we were together, at night clubs we usually dance for a couple of songs and then dance with others. LOL. I think we gave each other mutual amounts of freedom.
Nothing too interesting happened. I didn't get hit on, I didn't hit on anyone. I danced with Diana and made fun of her because she doesn't like contact dancing. I bent over in front of her and shook my butt one foot away from her hips and said, "no contact, no contact" to the rhythm of the song. Hehe, heckle heckle.
Afterward we had a Denny's adventure. We crossed the bridge to go to a cheap location and it was closed so we just went home. People crashed left and right and I'm trying to remember if I did anything I regret. Hmmm. Nope, remember kids, I don't roll like that.
Yesterday I spent the day with Tofu and it was nice to catch up. I love hearing him talk. He loves hearing himself talk. Just kidding! I enjoyed having him here as if nothing changed even though it's supposed to. I had dinner with his family and drove home. I ran into problems when I was short 4 cents for toll. Blah.
I saw a friend that I'm sort of interested in afterward for coffee. He talked about wanting to experience a long term relationship, a commitment. And told me I was lucky to have experienced it and yeah. I was thinking about all my friends in relationships and how short lived they are. And I wonder why it's so difficult for gay people to commit. I wonder what sort of ideal boyfriend/husband that these kids imagine finding and will quit at the first sign of imperfection.
Like Tofu, I think it'll be a while before I decide to commit to anything. But is it because I am looking for "perfection?" What does that even mean? I'm just not looking for anything. And it makes me sad when I hear stories about people who date others immediately (or during) a break up. What does that tell you about their previous relationship that at one point they probably thought was "perfect?" A lot. And I guess it says a lot about me and Tofu when we didn't whore ourselves or look for replacements immediately when we released ourselves from our self-inflicted loosely-attached love chains.
And it's hard because Tofu set a standard of expectations.
He defined a committed relationship for me. I closed that chapter of my life, but I still take a peak... because it was a good chapter... in fact, it's a best seller.
And it's hard to start new books without comparing it to something that everyone including myself recommends. Heh.
But, reading is good for you and even though I say I'm not looking for anything, I have a nice stack of novels to get to know...
Sunday, December 23, 2007
Reading is Good for You
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment