I love to take pictures because it records a piece of life that mere memory cannot provide. Do you really know what you did in 2004? Was it that long ago that you can't remember? I know many people only save digital photos that they like, but rarely do people archieve their lives into dated categories of events.
Yesterday, I spent a good portion of my time editing my "friend details" on thefacebook. I remember thinking how stupid it was, but now I realize now that documenting how you met a person can be of some value. I was able to tag that I knew someone through a friend or an organization, but rarely did I remember exactly how met them. When I do recall, I get really thrilled and it makes my friendship that much more meaningful; because I remember how it began.
This morning, I got a friend detail request from Cheri Kai that read:
You were members of NSU from 2004 to 2005.
You met randomly in 2004: AWESOME swing dance partner!!Chris picked me up, spun me around his body, & through his legs...& I swear I was heavier than him.
You met randomly in 2004: AWESOME swing dance partner!!Chris picked me up, spun me around his body, & through his legs...& I swear I was heavier than him.
That's right! I remember how much fun I had as a Sophomore in NSU and why I decided to devote my time to the organization. I remember how sweet and fun Cheri was and how much we had to practice to get that death-defying move just right. Looking through pictures, I also realized how long my hair was. You may not remember, but check it out:
Wow, un-styled, flat and ugly. I remember Tofu mentioning getting a haircut pretty often to me.
Maybe with the right shaping, it would have looked better.
This is the Cast of the Skit I was in about the 442nd Regimental Combat Team during the WWII. And of course Swing Dance!
The beginnings of Sproul Marketing for me. NSU Culture Show 2004: Commitment! There was so much spirit that day. I miss Sproul the most. There is Tofu and Cheri, my swing dance partner and the rest of the team sporting our gear.More pictures on the Club Smugmug!
I encourage you to take pictures of your life so that you don't forget the amazing things that you do, the wonderful people that you meet, and the once of a life experiences that you are lucky enough to take part of.
1 comment:
wait hold on i really like your hair!
Post a Comment