I've been asked, "hows life?" And I realize that it's almost the end of October and I have nothing interesting to say, but here are a couple of updates.
My skin is getting a little better, but it doesn't seem like it will be perfect by December; which was my goal. It doesn't heal at all and I can note every mark on my face from break outs dating back two years ago. I don't know why it's on my mind so much since my "personality shines above it." I don't know. I just get sad when I look in the mirror.
The VP of my company told me that in December, I will be helping with some accounts in Korea and Europe! Score! Maybe I'll stay here longer than I intend to, especially since it's easy and I get paid pretty well for the type of work that I do. I know I have potential to do better, but maybe I should focus on being the best at this small company first. Also, we are moving to an office that's closer to my house! No more phone conversations in traffic :(
This week, I've worked out everyday. I've even gone with my mom. I no longer need to show my id because the boys recognize me. *giggle* I love meeting up with Jane and talking about our lame ass lives. How she gets hit on and how I almost get hit on. How women can get anything and how gays are shady. Imagine two hens on the elliptical that won't stop squawking for thirty minutes. That's us. I felt sort of proud of my body, until someone said, "I can tell when you stood up [that you're not that fit to show off]." ... ironic.
My brother's been picking up the pace! He raised his grades and declared that he wants to go to college. I sat him down and said, "look, I think I've been putting too much pressure on you. People go to college at different times, and you need to be ready for it and want it for yourself. Not for me, or mom or dad. It's your choice." He responds that college is indeed something that he wants to do. Yesterday, he showed off the notes he took.
He comes to my room from time to time with nothing to say. He just visits me, asks me what I'm doing and leaves. "Oh reading blogs," I say. Of course, I was reading gay porn blogs, but he knocks so I can hide that. He's growing up a little more and that makes everyone happier. I also told him to be nicer to mom and dad. "Why do you have to make life so difficult? I don't want to come home to find everyone pissed at each other. I'd rather go back to work." He smiles. "You have to play the game, make the right decisions now and everyone will be happy. So take a chill pill dude. Stop being so rude." He acknowledges me. My parents are grateful. I tell them they're fools. Just kidding. But honestly, they don't know how to take control. When he's rude, you have to be playful, "oh hello McRude, are you hungry?" Just be light hearted, understand that he's rude and don't let it affect you. And don't be so dumb, "oh can I go on the Internet? I have math homework." Come on ppl.
Now for some cartoons:
3 comments:
you shouldn't think about your skin issues 'cause it can make it worse, just keep following your regiment, and it will be good :]
college and sex are two separate unique issues. you cant just interchange the subjects and treat them similarly in conversation. repeat after me, college is not sex...college is NOT sex.
but college sex is awesome
Post a Comment