| Using an iPhone camera app. Being artistic is easy! |
Here I am on the bus 10/8 at 8:17am. I love riding the bus in the morning. There are plenty of seats, I'm in no rush, the air is crisp. I don't have to worry about morning rush hour. Oh.. and I get to use my $30 data plan to its full potential.
The evening on the other hand is a ball of stress. Bus is crowded, every one is grumpy because we all just want to get home safely, but some idiot has to start some ruckus. Walking home is a bit scary, esp. With the recent gang violence around my corner. I'm advised to buy mace. In the AM, I walk by some schools. Kids in uniform line up, as I walk by, folks are dropping off their kids. in the PM there are shady teens/young adults hiding in the shadows around the school- drug dealing? Making out with a girl? Escaping home? I walk faster.
Without the protection on my car, my beloved "east side la" lifestyle has become less wonderful; at least at night when I'm dodging switch blades and drunk homeless praying that my legs will direct me home the fastest way possible.
I've been feeling unsettled because "to buy a car" is this giant item on my to do list that haunts all of my thoughts until it has been completed. How good would it feel to just check it off!?! Despite losing my moleskine planner, checking that off in my mind would provide great relief. Relief like going to the dentist and coming out with zero cavities.
What's taking so long?
I have the "luxury" of being picky because I don't need a car so urgently. This bus route, my friends have lend to my independence from needing to have my own car.
It's stressful. The biggest purchase of my quarter life and it will affect my safety on the road and my magic number in my bank. Oh I could have used this money for alcohol. I could have used this money for more giraffe tshirts.
What do I even look for? I am a clueless gay that has a simple request: a jeep wrangler that won't kill me. I've been through enough auto related fun.
And... I refuse to buy a hondA despite how cheap, reliable and safe they are. No! No hondas!!!! So mediocre.

6 comments:
F.Y.I thats not a Honda its a Kia. A 10 yr old Kia. Look at the new ones, there sexy! :)
You make our neighborhood sound so appealing. MAN UP! (I still love you... and I think I know where you're sleeping right now, messy.)
buy a subie! :)
haha don't hate hondas. reliability is sexy.
Ha- I've been in cali for about 2 days now and I am way too cheap to pay for hotel internet, so I have also been using my unlimited data plan like crazy.
I helped my sister sign up for an iphone last week and since they can't do the unlimited plan anymore, I feel bad for her that she's going to have to be counting bytes here and there. I doubt she'll go over, but still it sucks.
So... is the bus really that impractical? Or just at night?
love honda. There more reliable than kias lol =)
Post a Comment