3rd weekend in April
But first, Happy birthday Alysia.
"I've never had Thai food not family style before.. but I guess I could enjoy an entire dish of pad Thai." I was a little snide, but complied because I was late to the birthday dinner. The group eventually shared their dishes, (NO DUH) but asked permission- "could I have some of your curry?" "Of course! can I have some chicken?" And split the bill evenly. That's call family style you morons.
Anyway. HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALYSIA! White people are weird!!
====
Saw my Auntie for Lunch. Aww. She's working on a film and said she could show me around a studio. Cooooool
==
Went hiking somewhere. I was going to keep track of where I've hiked, but meh. Failed jumping picture-


====
After hiking, Alysia and I hit up Comedy Sportz, a improv comedy troop. We've seen the one in San Jose, but the LA group was crazy good. One of the best shows of my life! Comedy Sportz is great because they break into two teams and compete for laughter. The competition makes the show much more interesting. Alysia and I stayed for "U-sical" which is an improv musical based on a story that someone tells from the audience.
The "U-sical" was so amazing! The characters had development, the songs were compelling, the humor was on par! I'm coming back, because these people are mind-blowingly talented. Imagine making up a musical on the spot!
====
Santee Alley. It's like a Mexican bazaar in downtown. I bought cheap socks. They were also selling turtles and gaudy clothing. This is also where I bought my rug for my room. I'm going to paint an accent wall.. something like olive. Yes a very grown up color.
The Semi-annual Brewery Art-walk showcases local art. This abandoned brewery was converted into hundreds of lofts for local arts and dancers. Twice a year they turn their homes into an art gallery for the public. Amazing... and in downtown LA of course.

At home chilling. I would never live alone. I like company too much. Sit next to me in my communal bean bag:
Thursday, April 29, 2010
Hiking, Alley, Art
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
gotta love the failed jump shot. pop a squat anyone?
Post a Comment