Thursday, April 29, 2010

Closing April

Tomorrow is the last day of April and I feel that I'm starting a new chapter.

Starting May 1st, I am no longer an assistant, but actually negotiating, making decisions, buying property for a client. I am a part of a team of two and responsible for a lot more. You know, the sort of stuff my friends have been doing for years in their career. April was my transitional month.

As I post these pictures I am reminded that I am still keeping myself busy and though I find myself exhausted from work, I still manage to squeeze time do random things, see shows, visit home.

Being home this passed weekend was what I needed to start this new chapter clear of thoughts and stress. The week before I was absolutely done, baked, tired. It was nice to see some folks... to see Aaron and my boys. To know that they are a part of my life despite this distance that doesn't seem that far at all.

In April, I've realized that dating is fun. That I could be pretty heartless and that I wasn't meant to have a boyfriend, but rather just a lot of friends... platonic, sexual, romantic... whatever. I love company.

I'm turning 25 in May.
Wow. And I still haven't grown up... I guess I'll keep writing, because growing up is the theme of this blog.



My camera stopped recording when I hit that amazing high note.

2 comments:

Doug said...

Hey Chris. Haven't been back to your blog in a long time. Trying to get around to everyone's blogs again. And I'm totally jealous of all the fun things I see you doing in all your pictures. :)
Congrats on the new responsibilities starting May 1st! And welcome to the 25 club... lol. I haven't grown up either... will I ever? :P

GENETICBOI said...

first off, congrats about the transition! New chapter indeed! We all have a lot of growing up to do, but I think the process is the most interesting!

... btw, your comment, what do you mean about "there are "no pictures" in your own gallery at the night club!" and lol no, I didn't hire paparazzis... why should I? ;)