Today my office got a new coffee machine that makes lattes and mochas.
I depend on that stuff to keep me going. It’s official, I’m in the real world. Every morning I get in 10-15 minutes early so I can take advantage of the free breakfast. No eggs, but bagels and cereal; that’s all you really need. I print a couple of things now and then and get pissed off when the machine refuses to listen to me. I need to decorate my cubicle, but I noticed that everyone is very minimal when it comes to their space. So I just put up some pictures with my magnetic frames.
Yesterday I zoned out while driving and I missed the exit. But besides that, I’m starting to appreciate traffic because it’s an opportunity to be pensive and an opportunity to catch up with people over the phone. While I drive home, I go through my phonebook and call people so the drive is less agonizing. I love it. I actually think that in my case, driving while talking on the phone is safer, otherwise I would doze off.
It’s really diverse here in the office, you got all sorts of Asian people. HAHA. But the person that I’ve been working with the most is ethnically Asian, but nationally Russian. She has a cool accent and she gives me projects to keep me busy. Since I don’t completely understand the industry, the product, the science, I am only helpful administratively. Makes sense, but I feel as though I’m not reaching my full potential. Then again, it is my first job.
Wednesday night I visited Miwa and friends and had a Pho dinner. I was saddened because I couldn’t drink much. But I guess that’s how it’s going to be on non Friday/Saturdays. It was nice and relaxing. Nick and Kenyon stopped by as well. It made me realize how small the bay is. People travel distances to see friends. I guess, that’s what I’ll be doing too. I’m planning a trip to Japan, but I don’t know yet.
Last night was the celebratory dinner at Dave and Busters: to new chapters and the Eiffel Tower. Aaron and Anthony left early and I felt bad because Anthony bought a round of drinks. He really didn’t have to, but I know he reads this so I’m going to give him a shout out! The rest of the night was brilliant. Ski Ball, Horse Race, Jurassic Park, Jump rope; we ALMOST did everything. Among the four of us, we managed to collect 900 points! But still could only afford candy and yoyos.
Among my list of things to do is still to work out and take a class at night… but not really a class, rather join a singing group or beginner’s hip hop. I need some excitement!
Today is Friday and I got up 20 minutes later because I didn’t need to iron anything. I have no plans for the weekend, but I may go to Berkeley because I was invited to the gay frat’s party: “Balls.” Sounds like an orgy to me and the frat members have very sexual images promoting the frat. That makes me feel very blah because of the way their portraying themselves to be. And Smyr invited me to help him decorate his classroom. But I’m so discouraged because parking at his condo is a mess.
I just got called into the CEO’s office. Apparently I have been ‘snooping’ because I asked the accountant how much the engineer’s were making. Gah, he gave me the benefit of the doubt. I apologized profusely, yet again. And to think, I thought I was being too quiet and passive. Sigh…when does this tax plagued paycheck come in!?
I depend on that stuff to keep me going. It’s official, I’m in the real world. Every morning I get in 10-15 minutes early so I can take advantage of the free breakfast. No eggs, but bagels and cereal; that’s all you really need. I print a couple of things now and then and get pissed off when the machine refuses to listen to me. I need to decorate my cubicle, but I noticed that everyone is very minimal when it comes to their space. So I just put up some pictures with my magnetic frames.
Yesterday I zoned out while driving and I missed the exit. But besides that, I’m starting to appreciate traffic because it’s an opportunity to be pensive and an opportunity to catch up with people over the phone. While I drive home, I go through my phonebook and call people so the drive is less agonizing. I love it. I actually think that in my case, driving while talking on the phone is safer, otherwise I would doze off.
It’s really diverse here in the office, you got all sorts of Asian people. HAHA. But the person that I’ve been working with the most is ethnically Asian, but nationally Russian. She has a cool accent and she gives me projects to keep me busy. Since I don’t completely understand the industry, the product, the science, I am only helpful administratively. Makes sense, but I feel as though I’m not reaching my full potential. Then again, it is my first job.
Wednesday night I visited Miwa and friends and had a Pho dinner. I was saddened because I couldn’t drink much. But I guess that’s how it’s going to be on non Friday/Saturdays. It was nice and relaxing. Nick and Kenyon stopped by as well. It made me realize how small the bay is. People travel distances to see friends. I guess, that’s what I’ll be doing too. I’m planning a trip to Japan, but I don’t know yet.
Last night was the celebratory dinner at Dave and Busters: to new chapters and the Eiffel Tower. Aaron and Anthony left early and I felt bad because Anthony bought a round of drinks. He really didn’t have to, but I know he reads this so I’m going to give him a shout out! The rest of the night was brilliant. Ski Ball, Horse Race, Jurassic Park, Jump rope; we ALMOST did everything. Among the four of us, we managed to collect 900 points! But still could only afford candy and yoyos.
Among my list of things to do is still to work out and take a class at night… but not really a class, rather join a singing group or beginner’s hip hop. I need some excitement!
Today is Friday and I got up 20 minutes later because I didn’t need to iron anything. I have no plans for the weekend, but I may go to Berkeley because I was invited to the gay frat’s party: “Balls.” Sounds like an orgy to me and the frat members have very sexual images promoting the frat. That makes me feel very blah because of the way their portraying themselves to be. And Smyr invited me to help him decorate his classroom. But I’m so discouraged because parking at his condo is a mess.
I just got called into the CEO’s office. Apparently I have been ‘snooping’ because I asked the accountant how much the engineer’s were making. Gah, he gave me the benefit of the doubt. I apologized profusely, yet again. And to think, I thought I was being too quiet and passive. Sigh…when does this tax plagued paycheck come in!?
Hot Sales Team and Cold cubicle.
No comments:
Post a Comment