Thursday, June 17, 2010

OK Go Loves Echo Park


Echo Park Lake is walking distance from my house. Once a month I would find myself having a picnic with friends or taking an outoftowner for a stroll. I love it because to the east is an amazing view of downtown and to the northwest are majestic mountains.
I'm waiting for the day they open up paddle boating. They also have random illegal swap meets .. and possibly legal festivals (Cuban Festival, Lotus Festival).
My love for Echo Park Lake grows with the latest OK Go Music Video for End Love:

OK Go is totally coming with the Echo Park love lately. Following up their mindblowing Echo Park warehouse Rube Goldberg machine is this time-lapse extravaganza shot at Echo Park Lake. - LA Curbed
In the video is a goose that follows them around! It's epic.
This video of an enormous Rube Goldberg machine, for the song "This Too Shall
Pass," was shot in one take on two stories of an abandoned and vandalized
warehouse on Glendale Boulevard in Echo Park. - LA Curbed

Shit, I gotta pay attention to the happenings of my neighborhood. I'm gonna get my friends to recreate this video (good luck) and to visit that warehouse to see if we can step on nails or find barrels of paint flying towards our faces.
I wish I knew about the recording at the lake -to be an extra is anything is to die happy.
Instead of saying that I live on the East Side.. I'm going to say, I am East of the West side and West of the East Side - that's the place to be!

No comments: