Monday, September 13, 2010

Trying to Transcend

photo c/o Jimmy
At 2PM I was feeling faint, dizzy... tipsy.  I realized that I hadn't eaten all day and I had low blood sugar.  So this is how models feel everyday. Work stress and life stress was getting to me.

I needed to move my totaled car to the other side of the road because of street cleaning.  I enlisted Jimmy's help and as I pulled the truck into neutral, my truck proceeded to roll toward Jimmy; crushing his leg as he tried to stop it from hitting Ern's parked car.  He screamed, "OMG CHRIS!! STOPPPP!!!"  And all of a sudden I forgot where my break peddle was. He was smashed between my truck and Ern's prius, but escaped with some scratches and bruises. What a mess all of this is.  I decided to just absorb the ~$55 parking ticket to save me the trouble of rolling my car into other people.  I wrote the street cleaning people a letter, hoping they would have mercy, but of course it's just their job to fine people even if it's out of their control.

Ern looked at my deployed air bags, "OOO couture dress!!"  he proclaimed.

I really just want this to be over.  It's hard to concentrate at work.  It's hard to plan my weekends when all I can seem to think about is what I need to do.  I have one more week before I get another fine for street cleaning.  I think I'll have things figured out by then.  The damaged truck is polluting my neighborhood and it makes me sad every time I look at it.

My coworker's voice echos in my head, "there needs to be more people like you in the world Chris."  I abruptly left our conversation before I let her extremely gracious compliment get to me.

==

Is it possible to live in LA without a car?  Yes.  I know tons of folks.
- Bus route to/from work adds a mere 20 minutes to my commute
- Laundry facility two blocks away, I just need one of those metal carts found at flea markets
- Roommates go to grocery stores all the time, I can just tag along
- Going out?  As Ern puts it, I'll be saving money.
- Visiting Alysia in Pasadena, there's a light rail... I can figure it out.
- I've always been in the passenger's side of my best friends' ride, but now I don't have a choice.

I'm going to try this for the month of September.  I would like to get a used Jeep Wrangler, but it's also not known for its reliability.  To bike is also to risk death. 

But I'm really appreciative that I have friends to help me figure this out.  It would suck to have to figure things out on my own.

11 comments:

mich said...

awesome picture.

things will get better, they always do.

ChungkingExpressions said...

Stop hurting me Chris. STOP!

P. said...

Just buy a car and get on with your life. A couple thousand grands will get you a nice used car.

Under 30 with DUI and now totaled, I bet you are paying arm and leg on your insurance premium.

If you know any Thai guys, ask them about the curse of age 25. You seem to fit the profile.

How long will it take before the insurance take the claim of your truck?

P. said...

And may I say one thing your friends won't say to your face?

You're reckless!

When will you grow up?

Ok, enough rant for today.

ChungkingExpressions said...

^ Someone needs some deep dickin! And shit happens douchebag. I hope your mom falls a cliff.

letopho said...

@P My friends actually tell me I'm reckless all the time. The accident was the other guy's fault; he has no insurance. I'm stressed about taking him to court, which I don't want to do. I want to be a nice guy because he doesn't seem to have much to offer me. I wish insurance would take my truck, it just sits in front of my house until I can sell it as salvaged. :[

Growing up is the theme of my blog. I feel that I'm in a better spot than many.

I don't understand why your comments are so malicious. I'm not going to pretend that they don't affect me. It really discourages me from posting.

;\ But nonetheless, thanks for reading despite how critical you are of me. I'd appreciate it if you were more constructive, less judgmental.

mich said...

chris, you might be too nice, but this P guy is just a negative asshole. nobody needs that kind of negativity. i hope you don't let him discourage you because i love reading your blog.

thwany said...

letopho, people such as "P" hide cowardly behind the comfort of their computers and feel like tough-guys by leaving anonymous and grammatically incorrect comments. i wouldn't take a loser like that too seriously.

just keep continue on doing the right thing like you always have!

P. said...

Are we only allowed to post a fanboy comment here? Wouldn't it be so dull to only have comments like "omg, you're so brave and calm on this situation..."?

I'm being honest with you on what I think and you can easily dismiss it like a cheap whore after sex.

mich said...

oh please. there's a difference between being honest to be constructive and being honest to be mean. some people are honest just so they can have an excuse to be brutal.

Gauss Jordan said...

I live my life with a few things constantly nagging that I *must* do in the near future.

Sometime last year I got them all done, felt great for a half-day, and then spent even more time worrying about that thing that I *must've* forgotten.