Check out this article.
The other night at MJ's Bar an Asian guy legitimately won the hot body contest. The crowd went went wild as he gyrated for their applause. The MC announced, "...mmm I crave some wonton soup myself!"
My group of Asian friends groaned. The Asian guy had a great body, cocky smile and a killer butt that he shook at 8.5 magnitude in his speedo. Sadly he looked without personality, but he also looked like he was used to being on a stage slash objectified. We watched as he rubbed up against this white? Latino? guy with disinterest. Congrats, $1,000 in your hand and someone to appreciate your wontons.
It makes me wonder, as a gay Asian, would I prefered to be objectified or disregarded as having any worth. Meh, I wouldn't want to be targeted by these mainstream gays anyway. And I think wonton soup is a very endearing pet name.
It makes me sadder when I see an Asian guy say, "white guys only."
It makes me sadder when I see an Asian guy say, "white guys only."
Check out this old article from the same writers that talks about Gay Interracial Relationships: On Being “Sticky Rice” and Loving Other Asian Men. I find it very interesting.
Oh, below is a real conversation I recently had, IT'S SO FUNNY!!!!:
I was wondering if I had special pheromones.


7 comments:
haha I'm starting not to mind, only because it leaves more hot Koreans for me.
fucking idiots
I blog about this a lot because it is so fucked up. I am glad you are able to laugh it off though; perhaps that's for the best.
~A
I totally understand that ppl have their own preferences but I think some ppl are just being damn rude and not considering some of the implications of what they're saying.
I mean I'm not one to constantly blast on about always having to be nicey nice or PC but have some common decency and respect..especially as a member of a minority group still struggling for equal rights.
and I have to say..as a sticky rice person myself (who is still open to anyone regardless of race..it's just a small preference) it seems like the "other side" is much more bitter than we are regardless of what they claim. take a look at the definitions of "sticky rice" on urban dictionary. that might seem trivial to you but look how we're portrayed simply for expressing a preference for other asians, however when whites and other races do it it's absolutely ok!
it's just so funny to hear "I can't date other asians cos it's like dating my sibling"..you NEVER hear that coming from other races. Give me a break!
Ugh, gross.
If it weren't for the racism, no one would be clicking on his picture anyway.
At the same time, it's nice that these guys advertise their idiocy up front so no one wastes their time talking to them.
Really? I mean, really? I had no idea. I'm half-black, and half-indian, and i'd sort of expect to get more shit from people than you would, and I've never gotten BS on grindr.
That's fucked up. Hater.
Post a Comment