I'm trying this thing called "reading for pleasure."
I Love Yous are for White People was recommended to me by JV a long time ago. I finally bought it off half.com and started reading it. Forty pages in and I'm connecting with the characters and I feel as if I am able to entertain myself without using something that has a screen. Amazing.
The father reminds me of my grandpa, the depictions of life in Vietnam remind me of my trip two years ago and the references to LA also excite me.
I'm actually enjoying this book more than Catfish and Mandala by Andrew Pham which I have yet to finish. Does anyone else have any book recommendations?
Well, I shouldn't get so ahead of myself.
Tuesday, May 4, 2010
Reading for Pleasure
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
nice book? ops i miss vietnamese food... wanna go back to either saigon or to hanoi again... ><
boys who read are hot!
catfish and mandala is ugh. I can understand why some ppl might like it but the author is unapologetically quite ignorant about Vietnam, then tries to play off some of his offensive remarks as if he were defending it for its ironic (and "humble") charm later on. LAMEEEE.
Post a Comment