I sat down to eat with my parents and their friends. And almost immediately, this woman erupted about how ACCUTANE saved her life. BLAH blah blah. How the side effects they talk about are crap because why would be depressed if your skin looks good. BLAH BLAH.
Oh and my Hairdresser also gave me some skin tips that I didn't ask for while cutting a hole in my hair.
Like... I don't let my acne keep me from going out, from being social, from flirting... but this is just ridiculous.
SO.. Accutane, let's give you a try. I hope I don't get suicidal.
==
*edit*
I sort of want to keep my acne... to sort of test people ... and to meet folks who are more interested in other things rather than being fixated on my skin.
Joe just called me and warned me about the emotional roller coaster that I would be riding. Hmmm... I'm going to take this as a challenge and see how much in control, I believe myself to be.
Monday, May 11, 2009
When You Are Constantly Reminded.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
i hate accutane! it made me so depress! plus i think because of it i am allergic to alcohol. remember to drink LOTS of water when you are on that thing! i definitely feel your annoyance! hope things goes well :o)
i hope you don't develop any symptoms from accutane, hope it works for you :]
I won't say I hate Accutane, it helped my skin a lot. I will say that yes, you will become easily irritated and or depressed and it will dry your skin out. It has effected my ability to consume alcohol and left me with a minor kidney problem.
Be prepared, monthly blood tests, monthly appointments, extreme dryness, UV sensitivity and the possibility that your acne will return when you stop taking it; which is what happened to me.
Good luck! (sorry for the mini-rant lol.)
I took Accutane for several cycles, and I have to admit that it worked. I am not sure if I was depressed while on it, but I did feel more emotional. I say go for it, but be careful. It's the ultimate cure to acne.
~A
I mean, I think it's part genetics but also largely influenced by diet and your surroundings... maybe? I mean since I've moved to Japan I've had absolutely NO acne, but when I was living in the states my skin would break out regularly. I'm sure part of it is that I may have grown out of it, but I also feel diet has had an influence so I will probably begin having breakouts again after I move back... :(
i loathe accutane. i took a full course prescription of that stuff in high school for my horrible acne. it really dried my skin out, and made me get sunburned real easy. i also seem to remember reading that it may cause hair loss. oh, look...my hair is thinning. i blame accutane for making me semi-bald and un-dateable. i miss having a full head of hair. :(
Post a Comment