Sunday, May 24, 2009

Constructive Negative Feelings

On Friday, I felt an overwhelming sensation of loneliness. Not because it's spring and I desire LOVVVe... that's whatever. But a ... I miss having, a homeboy, a wing man, saying "that's my BOIIII" sort of loneliness.

I don't like having to jump from friend to friend so often. I like having a clique, a best friend. I feel like I have become, in general, a peripheral friend, an after thought. I think this is due to the fact that I've been going to things by myself... such as graduation parties.

I took that negative energy and decided to be productive. I scanned my music library for songs on loneliness and drafted a script for an awesome EMO music video for youtube involving getting out of bed, scrolling jobs and walking my dog. I began to laugh at myself. Loneliness is such a common, normal feeling... i reassure myself.

And for some reason about 5 (magic number) of my friends contacted me about their loneliness about them moping around for some reason or another. SO I had an impromptu Resident Evil Party that involved screaming and "back seat game playing" until 2AM.

==

So... I've met a couple of folks. They asked me where I went to school and I said Berkeley and they go... "Ohhh Sorrrrryyyy."

WTF?! Is it the way I'm saying it? I'm just going to say a UC next time. God.

==

I just accused my parents of being irresponsible. And then I broke down.

I'm thinking that I've let everything that I'm not happy with build up. I refuse to mope. I refuse write as if I am mad at the world. I refuse to let myself be consumed with needless negativity. And the moment I felt abandoned by my family, I broke down.

"Irresponsible is a very strong word Christopher, it was our fault, but you don't have to right to accuse us of that with this one incident." I turned around and walked away before my parents became confused at my reaction... When I got my DUI, my parents didn't accuse me of irresponsibility.

And I absolutely have no right to feel this way... once again my life is an apple pie. I feel a little ungrateful, ridiculous, childish. But I guess, I just needed to let some bottled up feelings go...

...because, that's natural.

3 comments:

dannie said...

aww i was feeling lonely too!! just know you ain't alone.

Luuworld said...

bummer. but being lonely and feeling down from time to time is all part of life.

if it helps, you look really cute in that picture! lol

Unknown said...

Hang in there buddy! *Hug*

~A