Tuesday, May 5, 2009

April Recap

Not so productive.
Besides Gyming it up. Aaron and I have been regulars and we see a lot of other regular faces. We've decided to nick name them.

There is this really buff dude who wears a huge t-shirt with the sides missing. The holes are so big you can see his body muscles... especially his C cup pecs. We call him: Side Boob.

==

ANYWAY: April Recap in no order

My Cousin's Wedding Convention.
I ran into Yul Kwon and that guy from Myth Busters. I was too shy to ask for a picture.

So basically, my event planner cousin invited all of her vendors (photographers, caterers, ice sculptors, flower arrangers) to display their services. And about 600 folks came to see what "their wedding could look like." There were also models to show off wedding dress designs. The event was so beautiful.


7 Bamboo with Carl!
This place has character! Some country music, rock, pop and salsa! All different folks gather to sing in public while doing sake bombs. Love this place.


I successfully made the crowd cringe with my interpretation of Cher's "Believe"


In the City with Carl and Will :D


I love people watching with friends and talking about nothing.

Hanging out with Berkeley Folks.


I love culture shows. And I love how Christine fell asleep on my "inner thigh pillows!"

Willow Glen with Caitlin
We invented a new dessert call the LeHeart: Strawberry & Cookies & Creme Gelato.


Indian Food in Berkeley with Damien

He doesn't like to be in the spotlight. So here's the food we ate. He's a vegetarian, which is good because it forces me to eat more interesting things! It went well with the Indian Culture show we just watched.

Last Sushi Buffet with Carl

Seriously... we eat so much

Easter Egg Hunt with Caitlin's Family

I love Caitlin's family. They invite me over for their annual hunt. We decorate the eggs, the parents hide them and (before the recession) they would give us a quarter per egg. Then they made deviled eggs! How all American.

==

Two of my Spikey Haired Asian friends said to me.. "Your hair is so... ASIAN!" Are you shitting me? Their hair was more "ASIAN" than mine... Do you mean... ugly? old fashioned? long? strange? something my mom gave me?

My reaction should have been "really? Aww thanks!" Because. I'm Asian, I'm glad I look "Asian."

I think to resolve this, I should embrace those comments as compliments.... and respond with a thank you!

Hairchive
The "only thing ASIAN about it is that I AM ASIAN... thank you"

1 comment:

dannie said...

ASIAN!!!! WHOOOOO