Friday, May 1, 2009

Lambda

I guess it was a date. He paid for dinner.

This time, ladies and gentlemen, the guy was 26. Yes I have moved away from those dramatic little boys. I failed to heed my own warning. BTW the 19 year old is having some conflict with some love interest triangle that I'm glad I'm not a part of. But it's nice to hear him vent to me for advice.

He was your average San Jose Viet guy with a good job and a fade. He was a closeted Lambda with a nice bulky body, deep thug voice and rug burns from wrestling with his bros.

"So when people talk to you, can they tell you're gay?" He asked me online.
"No.. I'm just Asian, but I guess people eventually figure it out." Great... I have to use my Kragen voice all night. I know my gay boys would be laughing at me watching my interaction trying so hard to substitute my "HEEEEY's" with "Dude" and my "OMG's" with "That sucks man, not cool." *grunt*

"That's cool. You know, femmes remind me a lot of those Crazy Viet girls I've dated... loud and dramatic with all this excessive attitude."
"Hahaha."

Over the phone he sounded cool. He was a guy guy. He was a Azn Frat Bro. He was SO not my type. But I decided to give it a go... he was interested, why not?

==

Once again he was more attractive in person than his picture by a lot. God, he was such a Lambda, he was telling me about hazing and parties. The only common ground we had was "working out." Sort of. As we talked, I was trying hard to be "different from the guys he usually sees"... I wanted to actually be something interesting or worthwhile.

He invited me over after dinner. I was thinking dinner and a movie?
I had to sneak into his room and then.............. he turned off the lights (after showing me where to hide in the closet if his housemates were to wake up). I should have known.

When we were done, he asked me to leave because he was paranoid one of his housemates would wake up.

We became eachother's unsubstantial number.

==

And that was that.
I'm eventually getting it. My straight guy fetish has led me to "date" these dudes who just need a quick fix because their girlfriends are lacking something. It's not hot anymore... it's sort of sad.

I need to feel like I click with someone again, then hooking up would actually mean something and feel better than just a quick fix. But at least I had "tea & coffee" with him first... so it's legit.



==

SO that's how things work. You go on a date you find out there's no chemistry you invite them over to "collect something out of it." And you're done... no questions asked. OR You go on a date, hit it off completely get a good night kiss and look forward to actually having a relationship... and giving it up when the moment is right.

Hmm. Either way, I guess it's just fun to be dating.

9 comments:

dannie said...

at least you're moving on up the age thing. maybe start seeing guys who might want what you want.

Unknown said...

I am glad to hear you had fun at least but that was crappy with the sneaking around and hiding. The guy clearly is not ready to be in a grown up relationship. NEXT!

~A

Unknown said...

aw man, it made me sad reading this. you prolly don't need me to tell you this, but i'm gonna anyways.

don't change or suppress who yo are for anyone. guy, girl, ape. be you. and if ppl don't dig, move on.

there are plenty of ppl that i'm sure LOVE your company. and that includes guys that will go on BETTER dates than this one you had.

not all asian fraternity members are slobs. i'm one, and i'm pretty confident that i have class.

and the whole unsignificant number thing, don't open yourself to that. i mean, ppl get horny, but if someone isn't showing you respect, don't give in.

hugsssss. now let's hang out. <3

Anonymous said...

amen to what mike said! we are overdue for a play date ;)

xb said...

I'm always a little late on reading these, so all the good comments are taken...

So, uh, ditto... to what they said up there.

Will said...

Hehe hilarious. I had a fade... like... 15 years ago.

I love that I am in NYC and went to college out here and even I know what a lambda is and I can picture this guy when you describe him.

Great stuff.

thwany said...

as long as you're happy and okay with everything, that's all that matters.

mstpbound said...

at least you KNEW he was one of those guys. imagine dating a guy for more than a year, thinking he wasn't attracted to girls, only to find straight porn on his computer.............. >.>''''

Deadwing said...

i have had nothing but bad luck trying to get a date on these dating sites. with my work schedule, it's my best option for meeting people, and it isn't working...lol. so while i'd like to agree that dating is fun, it's been so long that i can't actually remember. :p