I was pleasantly surprised when I discovered Sunday Brunch at this place in Koreatown. The Chapman Market Plaza looks like a mystery for any one who just drives past it down 6th street. That's because all of the bars are facing inward so you don't have much of a store front. But not any more with the entry of Escala. The giant windows face the street and give patrons great ventilation and view. I can hear in my head passerbys saying.. WHATS THAT!?!
The decor inside is very cool. The DJ spinning tracks on Sunday adds to the vibe which I was soaking up all morning. Some of the decorative elements are obviously added in, but some made me wonder if they were originally a part of the building. There was a Spanish church/mission feel that I thought was very unique.
Eventually this place will be busy, but right now it's not on the radar and all the creatures-of-habit will continue go to their usual brunch spots and wait one hour for a seat. While Escala smiles from across the street.
1 comment:
Yum. I want to go back here. Will have more time after NYFW!
<333
Post a Comment