Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Day Off to Discover Heathy Alternatives

Weekends are packed with activities.

This week I have off and with all my friends at work, I have time to be alone.  I went on a mission to find Christmas gifts for my date tonight.  In the process of doing so, I discovered hidden stores.

I also went on a mission to buy fresh ingredients to make lunch: spinach, onions, beef, garlic, soba noodles, Asian herbs.  Done.  I made myself an amazing lunch that felt really light.  It felt good to use the kitchen and not be tired from work.  So tired that dinner would usually involve boiling boxed pasta with artificial cheese powder that would magically turn into a sauce.

Word-to-the-wise from Alysia, "anything from a box or can is not good for you."  But pasta sauce from a jar is okay.  Lean Cuisines and Smart Ones are also not great for you, they are just better than others.

Vegetable that I enjoy: Spinach, shitake mushrooms, grilled onions, garlic, basil, baby carrots.  Apparently baby carrots are just carrots cut into small pieces and not some mutated carrot family that have been altered to be miniature... like the miniature poodle.  But they taste so much better than regular carrots in my opinion.

My body is interesting.  When I gain weight is goes in two places: my gut and my ass expanding in opposite directions.  Sam said this was good because I could just buy clothes to hide it and I suppose my balance is improved.  See image on right.  Like a pregnant black woman, and my tall hair looks like devil horns.

Anyway, it makes buying pants annoying.  Please buy pants for me.

Tonight's date will be at Stout for gourmet burgers.  There goes eating healthy.

No comments: