Monday, December 18, 2017

321 Christmas Party: Our Hard-On Will Go On

When we came up with the theme, Andrew go extremely excited.  So excited that he bought this GIANT sofa from craigslist.  In the end he had to chop it up and throw it away because it wouldn't fit in the door frame, but we lucked out with a smaller chair and trunk with the negotiation.



Meanwhile, I decorate the house with large plastic nautical themed things.


Andrew kept saying "Iceberg Straight ahead!"  He bought that captain hat, telescope and the heart of the ocean jewel.  Man, that fact that he was into this theme made me so excited for it.  We concluded that cult films like the Titanic and Jurassic Park (Dat-Ass-Ic Park) is Andrew's specialty.





And I'm all about reusing.  That's my Mean Girls wig, my space helmet because the "Old lady dropped it in the ocean at the end," and my white shawl from Easter Egg Hunty.  Also, I had that gold string drappy thing sitting under my bed for years from another white elephant!  I has purpose and changed up the background from Shenyun!


I drove to one hour to Beverly Hills in traffic to buy this giant Titanic poster for $20 that apparently works if you shine a light behind it.  Thank you OfferUp!  We're at the premiere!




Not really Christmas, but I felt like we have enough candy canes and santa hats.  The other idea was to lay a door on the floor and do ariel shots.  But it wouldn't quite create the illusion since you can't get a second person to hang off of it like Jack.  Never let go!

Party was a success!  For 3 years we've had it on a Friday because it usually conflicts with Jimmy or Andrew's schedule.  We kept it this way to thin the crowd too.  One year we had 60 people which made for a painful white elephant game.  This year was only 30.  Which made it quick and easy.


And if you didn't have a costume, no worries!  I have top hats.


We put up everyone's drawings of the French Girls.  The 1912's style photobooth.  Lots of big boobs. 



Here's the original couch.  Somehow we got it up the stairs, but couldn't angle it into the bedroom.  Andrew had to saw it apart to get it back down.  It was about a days worth of work.  The other chain in the photos was also difficult to get into the room, we basically spun it in like a rubics cube.  Hashtag: worthit.

No comments: