February 26:
Jimmy and Wirfs decided to explore downtown with their large equipment. I just tagged along and soon discovered that they wanted to use me as their subject.
Once again, I was not prepared.
For some reason, I have no desire to own my own SLR... I guess the multiple features and functions overwhelm me when all I want to do is capture the moment because it goes away.
Eventually or probably now, they have cameras close to SLR quality and that's good enough for me. Plus I think it's such a waste for me to possess something so expensive and not use it to it's full potential.
Please see Jimmy's finished products HERE and HERE.
I like this one because it looks like I'm in Vietnam again.
Wirfs! Where are yours?
==
Afterward, we got to visit Wirf's humble abode where he showed pictures and told stories of past loves and travel adventures. It's interesting how much I don't know about my friends. For the 20 minutes that I was in his bedroom listening to him talk, excited to have guests over, I had learned more about him than the months I've known him while he attended my parties.
That's what I need to do more of... actually follow through with people I meet. (Make new friends and connections.) I may know a lot of people... but in general it's hard to really get to know them.
1 comment:
love that ladder shot.
Post a Comment