With Crazy Aquarius admitting that he found my blog I realize there are a lot of things I want to write about because he is such a character. But as Debriefing the Boys puts it:
...every time I feel like sitting down to write something, which is often, I think about all the people who are reading it. And it's not that I'm becoming a more private person, or that the stakes are higher (for me). It's just that I don't feel like I'm in control of my story any longer. I always made calculated risks in what I wrote, because almost no story is JUST about me. There was always a slim chance that I'd offend somebody in real life. But lately, every time I make that calculation, it isn't worth the risk.I guess letting you know who I am hasn't actually "killed my blog," but I know that I would be writing more interesting things if I was more anonymous. There is something about blogging that feels better than writing in a private diary. Your thoughts aren't thrown away into a book under your bed for no one to see when you blog. And I like knowing that my stories have some sort of value. Blogging liberates... this is my personal time.
...
Anyway, if you're a new blogger starting out, my advice is this: NEVER reveal your identity. It'll be the death of your blog.
So fuck it.
Crazy Aquarius asked me, "do you promise not to be scared if I tell you something?" This is how I responded, "NO! DONT TELL ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" If someone is going to say, "promise not to be scared?" Don't you immediately go into panic room mode? I was prepared for the worst even though I insisted that he didn't say anything.... imagination ran wild: is he an alien? is he a long lost cousin? did he steal my underwear??????
As it turns out what he wanted to tell me was I remind him of his ex. Which wasn't scary at all. What was scary was that he told me that he really liked me. To this I responded, "NO! BAD!"
And with that he's been trying to set me up with his friends who he thinks I would adore based on how our stars and moons aligned.
Hmm. Sort of strange? Yeah. But the transparency is refreshing.
2 comments:
aw, haha. come to Jesus!! Aquarius-Jesus. You know you want to!
:-)
This is why my icon is an eye - an "eyecon," get it? My ID steals from a fairly-popular region of mathematics, and I don't sign my name. Of course, if someone were to pay attention to me in-person, they may figure out who I am virtually.
Post a Comment