I feel awesome 'cuz I just got a GREAT haircut!
Ok. No one knows how to cut my hair... I figure because of my face shape, my big forehead and my 3 cowlicks in the back.
And you know me, I am VERY particular about hair!
I was thrilled when I found this place on Thornwood where this girl did it perfectly! Then, she got pregnant. I tried her coworkers, but even though I pointed to a picture, somehow, she hacked it all off! (remember December?)
I was debating to grow it out.. because I can, but then I didn't want to look like Danny from American IDOL TMTH! Or my twin brother Nate. I vowed never to grow it out when I had it long in 2004; it looked pretty nasty. Like Mowgli from Jungle Book even. Sometimes I wish I had white people hair... with some texture and waves. So I can do the whole blow dry thing. Sigh... but that wouldn't be me. Should I get a light perm?! Haha, shut up.
I did some research and found this place called New Trends off Monterey Hwy.
I gave them a call.
" Forever Cut 2. How may Aye Hep yoo?"
"How much is a Men's Haircut?"
"10 Dolla"
Apparently they changed the name.
I should have known it was Asian by the name: Forever Cut 2? Might as well be Pho 56. Gosh, makes no sense at all! Like a cut that lasts forever? Or a cut that's so good that you want to get it there ...forever?! Oh well. I brought in some pictures and she made me happy cuz she used thinning sheers and NO buzzer! SWEET! She was very confident. Though I couldn't see what se was doing because I had to take off my glasses. Smart right?
When she was done, it didn't look like I got a haircut at all. She explained that she needed to style it. So I let her.. and omg, it looked horrible. Sigh. I thought to myself.. no one knows how to cut my hair. I gave her a tip anyway and thanked her in Vietnamese. She was stunned, "you're a Vietnamese person" she proclaimed in Vietnamese. I smiled nodded and walked away. I love surprising people. DO I look that alien?
I rushed home to fix it and to my surprise, with my trusty Got2Be Glued hair styling glue, my haircut was fabulous. I called the place and asked for her name: Vicky, "Ill be requesting you next time! thank you !" She didn't know what to say.
Yes! hopefully she doesn't die, or get pregnant. Woot!
Thursday, March 6, 2008
YES YES YES!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment