The VP went through my things telling me to get rid of all my clutter.
I'm going to go to work early tomorrow to get organized. In a sense, it's helped me realize how I hold on things. "If you don't need it, throw it away!" And she was right.
My office was a mess. She walked behind my desk and gasp. I was afraid she saw the stack of Christmas Cards that was left over. I asked her what was wrong. "CLUTTER!!!" she shouted.
At home I have about 10 boxes of "things." In my room, I have "things" on my desk, "stuff" on my shelves, "junk" on the floor. And I really need to re-evaluate the things I chose to keep. "Don't you feel better when your in a clutter-free environment." The VP was right and action needs to be taken.
=============================================================
I am feeling a little better about work. I figure:
Work to get experience. Keep my head high and mind focused. My goal: do a good job so that I can move up, if not with this company than with another. I made bold statements while helping my parents put the dishes away after dinner. "You said every thing I was thinking Christopher." I have a great set up: work is 4 miles away, my job is what I make of it, and if I study my ass off... I could probably get promoted within the year.
The reality is, work is work and only a selected few are lucky enough to 100% enjoy it. There will always be perks and there will always be negatives. So I'm focusing on learning. Focusing on doing a good job. Focusing on getting that "1-2 years of experience" that is plastered on every job description out there. I hope that I discover my calling... what ever that may be. But for now... I must make the best of my awesome situation.
Yes. I can do this.
Reality? Check.
Thanks to everyone who commented before :D
Wednesday, February 20, 2008
Reality? Check!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment