Saturday, June 1, 2013

Neurotic Gemini


After my birthday was James' at a Wine Bar in WeHo.  His spectacular catering, decorations, gluten free cake and wine bar reservation all cost him $400 which is very very reasonable.  James was excited - this is the first year that his birthday didn't fall on Memorial Weekend.  People were actually in town to celebrate.  The result of this rare occasion - a birthday bonanza.


James came up to me and said, "do you feel extra anxious and stressed around your birthday?"  I nodded in agreement.  He continued, "and do you constantly think about crossing your T's and dotting your I's when you plan events."  I thought about how much happier I would be if I woke up early to get things done.  I thought about my multiple to-do lists.  I thought how I like things done a certain way and I can't understand why other people are not on the same wave length.  I thought about how I often get disappointed because of my expectations.  I hugged James and said, "I thought I was just being crazy."  But apparently it's a Gemini thing.

I never really look to astrology, but I think my neurotic thoughts and behaviors can be pinpointed to a specific constellation.  I hugged it out and I felt that we connected.  James ordered his own cake, hand selected the food to be catered and was his own designated driver that night.  He needed things done a specific way and only he is able to do it.  He checked everything off the list.

David is also celebrating his birthday today.  Like James he planned the whole deal and reserved a table at the Abbey.  He knows its gonna be a clusterfuck, but this is what he wants to do and nothing is going to stop him.  The gemini's mind is set.

I am similar.  For my birthday I wanted to celebrate at a speakeasy at La Descarga, I wanted everyone to sing to me as I blew out a candle on my favorite Ube Cake from Red Ribbon and I wanted to not have to deal with a messy dinner bill.  And I would have done it myself like James and David but I had one thing that they did not, a boyfriend with boyfriend duties.

Jimmy and I dressed the part with our bay to breaker outfits.
I'm sure Jimmy has more anxiety than I do during this time.  He could easily ask what I wanted and do it to a tee and I would have been very happy, but that wouldn't make him a very good boyfriend.

Jimmy recommended Perch because it was a more manageable venue with an impecable view. Jimmy took me to a restaurant that I've been talking about for months.  Jimmy got everyone to sing to me at midnight intimately in our PJs in our home followed by an intimate family dinner that evening.

Jimmy is helping me step away from my lists and realize that better things can be achieved and appreciated if you let other people surprise you.  And I'm thankful that I had one of the best birthday ever without needing to check anything off that list.

....though other lists were checked off in the process. LOL. #gemini

No comments: