Wednesday, March 12, 2008

ROTFL?

Yesterday was my mom's birthday and my brother was in his usual pissy mood. Instead of being upset at his selfishness, I decided to try a more 2008 tactic. I sent him a text message even though he was sitting right next to me.

"Hey, try to be in a good mood for mom's birthday okay?"

He responds with lightning speed as if we were talking like normal, "yeah, I'm just tired, I'll try though."

Initially I wasn't going to let him sign the birthday card I bought for our mom, but what sort of brother would I be by making him feel shitty? He already had a hard weekend. His text response really made me happy. I guess, text messaging is the way to get through to him. Maybe I can text him about college, drugs and sex.

I suggested it to my mom. She said already does text message my brother. I guess she figured it out at mother-speed. I guess that's what unlimited texting is for.



===================================================================================

I've been considering moving to the city, but my parents want me home. They are too nice to hold me back so they just give me warm wishes.

I called a couple of my friends who work/live in the city to get their input.

"Hey, so you drive to the city and live in Milpitas right? How do you do it?"
"It takes 1 hour and a half usually."
"Would you ever move there?"
"I've considered it, but my family needs me here."
"wow..."
"Yeah, I just want to be home with them now..."

After that, I reconsidered everything. I guess, who's really being selfish now? I really am a bad son, and a worse brother. (Even Monyrith thought of my Mom's birthday more than me... he picked up a well thought of gift for her and gave it me to give to her. =/) I don't think it's right for me to just get up and leave when I guess my family needs me. =/ TMTH (too much to handle).

2 comments:

dannie said...

aww...maybe now isn't the right time to move out. :]

i love those cingular commercials esp. the grandma hahaha.

sandy said...

at the risk of coming off as "white" or "american" im saying; its your life, do what you want with it.

youve lived at home for about a year now. how long do you parents expect you to live with them?

but then you have to think about the commute t/f work and your lifestyle in SF. will you be able to live your current lifestyle while paying rent in SF? its really a issue of money from my perspective. and besides, its not like theres tension in your house b/c youre there.

MILK IT MAN!